the talk

"And what are you two, may I ask, doing?" the prince mocked them.

"W-we were just... I uh... We...we...we-" Ayana stuttered.

"You, you, you, you what?!" prince snapped.

"It's fine my dear, mommy will take care of those two, you can go." the queen smirked.

Theo's heart skipped a beat, this woman was 100% creepy. Ayana almost started to cry, as she knew what queen Victoria was capable of.

Aleksei wanted to have his fun with them but knew better then to provoke his mother, so he nodded and said as he walked out "If you by some miracle survive, come to my room." he threathened.

When the door closed the queen got up from her golden throne and walked up to Theo and Ayana.

"Get lost warlock, and tell Belladonna to inform everyone that whoever disturbes our little talk here is going to burn." Victoria said.

"Y-yes,my queen." Ayana bowed and practically ran out the door.

"Now that we are alone," she smiled the most stunning yet terrifying smile you've ever seen. "From what I hear from my souldiers, you and your master are quiet a duo when it comes to soughtering innocent demon folk." she spat out.

"We hunt those who hunt us." Theo told her the hunter's code.

"Bullshit boy. The vampire you killed only two months ago was a 15 year old that slipped, the demon you killed last week was only 200 years old, wich in human years would be a one and a half year old baby. Do they hunt you?" Victoria was visibly angry.

"That demon almost possesed a girl." Theo tried to defend himself.

"A demon that young couldn't possibly posses anyone, the worst would be to kock somebody out. But, I did not spare your phatetic life just to show you how much of an ignorant fool you are, I offer you a chance to live boy. And you better take it since my son will torture you into insanety before killing you and I have no intention of stopping him." she was serious, it was very visible.

"Let me hear it." he agreed.

"You will become my son's private guard, wich includes that you are willing to die from him, am I clear?"

"Why would I do that?" Theo was confused by her request, did she really expect him to just give in? To be a private guard to that monster?

"Because if you don't you are not going to live past my son's birthday, but if you are no nobel and not afraid to die I can just send my army to burn that village to the ground, I haven't had good bloodbath in a while." she smile wickedly while walking to a window from wich you could see Dean like it was at the palm of your hand.

"No!" Theo panicked. "Fine, I'll be his stupid private guard." he said through gritted teeth.

"Beautiful. See? I'm a resonable woman." the queen smirked, now it was visible why people said Aleksei was all his mother. "Now get lost, to my son's room as he ordered." she said as she got back to her throne.

Theo started to walk away but the carpet below him suddely curved and slipped from under his feet, turned him around so it looked as if he just kneeled.

"What do you say when your queen tells you off?" Victoria snapped, being terrifying once more.

"No way in hell." Theo spat as he realised what she wanted him to do.

The smile that played over her face was obviously evil. "Then it seems dear old Lucien is going to have a firey evening." she said in her fluid voice and laughed lightly at the end, but the laugh didn't reach her eyes.

"Fine, just leave him alone."

"Good boy, now let's try again. Get out of my sight you pathetic creature and go into my son's room as he ordered you."

It took everything in theo to swallow his pride and dignety and squeez out those three words. "Yes, your highness." He finally said coldly.

"My queen!" she corected, losing her patience.

Again, it took even more for Theo to say it. "Yes...my queen!" he finally managed and with that the spell broke and he was able to stand up.

Walking to prince's room, now as his guard and no longer prisoner, he realised just how much he missed home. The pub him and Lucien used to go to, The lion's den, the villagers greeting them happily before their hunt, their small hut up in the mountains. Because no matter how much he loved Dean, and no matter how cold, or wet, or loud or dirty that little hut was, that was home. Not that big house back in Dean where his siblings ran around and his mother cooked, it used to be, but ever since his father send him away he haven't seen any of that. And his father, Ralph, was a rough man. Theo was always thoght to be "the man" as Ralph put it, but Theo didn't see the point in those words when his father just layed around and barked orders at his mother, who was the kindest soul you would ever meet. He knew their story and even if there was love in that once, it was long gone.

One thing he did listen to his father about, however, was that he needs to take care of his mother and look out for his siblings, wich is what he did until he was send away. He was really worried about them. Who knows what's going on in that big old house right now. Theo had one mission in life, become a good hunter so he can be able to take care of his mother and siblings so that they can leave his father.

Only now that he met some of the creatures he used to hunt, he sees that it's not that simple. He can't hurt innocent people, he is not a bad person. Who would ever hurt someone like Ayana? When she was so sweet and caring and kind. Or Trottler? Who looked so human you could actually mistake him for one, and not just because of his looks. Hell, he wasn't even sure if he can hurt Aleksei anymore. If all those stories were wrong about so much, could they be wrong about him too?

Could Aleksei, the prince of darkness, ruler of evil and rotten, just be misunderstood? After so many years he has lived, maybe he is just pretending to be all bad and evil, maybe that way he thinks nobody will hurt him? What if there is light, even in the prince of darkness? The light that he hides, behind that creepy forest and tall, dark castle walls?

"Hello?! Are you deaf?!" Aleksei's angry voice snapped Theo out of his deep thoghts. The prince was snapping his fingers in front of Theo's face with fire in his eyes.

"What?" Theo asked, still zooned out a bit.

"You are standing here for ten minutes straight staring at nothing!" Aleksei yelled in his face. You would expect a demon to have a bad breath but Aleksei's was minty and cold. Almost daring anyone to kiss him.

"Oh, sorry, I was thinking about something." Wait, did I just apologize to a demon? Theo thoght.

"Whatever. Since you are my guard you will from now on be availabe to me like Trottler, around the clock. Also tonight I'm going to a ball to vampire court so you will come along." with that Aleksei eyed him head to toe. "Demon fire I can't have you coming with me looking like dwarfs stomped over your clothes." he huffled and clapped his hands "Servants!!" he yelled.

Six smaller demons in size walked in. "Yes my lord?" one of them said.

"Fix him up in something more appropriate, and get my clothes ready until I come back or I will chop your fingers off." he snapped at them and stripped of his cothes.

"For goodness sake would you stop!" Theo covered his eyes and heared Aleksei chuckle, but then he heared bone cracking and opened his eyes, just to find a beautiful graceful raven sitting at the window. But before he said anything it flew away.

What followed was hours of torture with these servents making Theo change about a hundred times until they let him go with black pants and boots, white shirt with dark purple buttons and black leather jacket.

Just as they finished Aleksei appeared on the window, again naked and the servents started running around him until he was in black, skin tight, leather pants, knee high boots with small heels and golden laces, loosen dark purple shirt that was unbuttoned to a half, and a red fur cape that seemed so warm it could make you hot in december. The prince never seezed to amaze with his extravagant looks, he was stunning in any of those and every time you thoght you've seen everything he would make up something new.