The final battle

Theo's swordsmanship skills were beyond brilliant, and the sword he was holding enhanced those by a thousand.

Stefan would cast spells and curses all he wanted, but those can't protect him from the sharp metal blade capable of cutting though a wall.

Seeing that Stefan won't hold up for long Brigitte rushed through side door in the throne room.

She was rushing down the hallway when Clarabelle stepped in front of her. Bruised and bloody, with a knife in her hand.

"How did you get out?" she asked, getting ready to fight if needed.

"Same way your insides will get out of your body. You fucking bitch!" Clarabelle yelled and started swinging the knife. She knew Brigitte and she knew her fighting moves, she knew her spells and how they work. Dodging them was easy.

"Guards!" Brigitte yelled out once she saw that her magic was no match again Clarabelle's skills and speed. She could perform an offensive spell but she didn't wantvto kill Clarabelle.

Several guards showed up, all of their eyes fully white and with a mark burnt into their cheeks or necks.

They all stood there, mindlessly staring into nothing, waiting for an order. "Cease her and lock her up in my chambers, restrain her as well." Brigitte ordered and continued on her way.

Down the hall, left at the grand staircase, through wooden doors and up another flight of narrow stairs into a tower.

There, she expected to find Aleksei still restrained to the bed and weak, but she found him in a sort of trance, his body was floating above the bed, black flames incasing it but never burning or leaving barks. His eyes were opened and pitch black, all of his scars were visible as well as his horns and claws. One thing standing out however, were black scales starting to emerge from beneth his skin.

Before Brigitte could try to stop it from happening, the room was filled with black flame and the ground started to shake. Wings ripped out of Aleksei's back, but not his old, feathered wings. Scaly wings, like those of a dragon.

The walls started to crumble, moments after that the floor as well. Sounds of glass cracking were a warning for Brigitte and she ran down the stairs before the tower collapsed.

Once she did, part of the castle was gone and on top of what remained of the tower stood a dragon. In the darkness it seemed as black as the night.

The dragon demon royals can summon, can be summoned in many ways. One of those ways is letting the dragon posses their body and use it's power. The dragon was not Aleksei, Aleksei was actually where the dragon's heart was supposed to be.

The summoning form was the most dangerous one, but also the most powerful. The danger was high because Alelsei's and the dragon's body were connected. The nerves and the blood system were connected. Which means any harm infilcted onto the dragon, will be inflicted onto Aleksei as well.

"Get me a black archer! Every single one you can find! Shoot that thing!" Brigitte yelled out to the guards, they scattered, going to look for the black archers, not knowing that there were only two living. One of those two being Aleksei himself and the other one being his little sister, who was on the run with her father.

The dragon roared, causing the earth to shake. Soaring into the air it created enough wind to blow mountains of snow piled up in front of the castle and bend trees.

The heat from it's breath melted some snow and Brigitte's delicat clothes cought fire, since the roar was directed straight at her.

She quickly put out the small flames on the bottom of her skirt and ran inside.

The witch had the whole thing planned out. She thought she could not be beaten and yet her whole big plan came crumbling down in less then a few minutes.

She planned to take over on the day of Aleksei's cheremony. The reason she opened the portal then and helped them escape is because her goal was not only to hurt Aleksei and take his throne, she wanted to hurt him. Brigitte deemed him incompetent to run a kingdom and she wanted to ensure Aleksei suffers enough because of the crown, to the point where he would never want to reclaim it.

If he saw his mother killed, then went to his father and sister and see them hurt, also get betrayed by his friend and then lost his mate, surely he would get sick of the throne and the crown. But she underestimated the boy she thought she knew, yes, he was imature and a bit spoiled, but he was also cunning and brave.

Most of all, he was ready to sacrifise anything, to give up any power and even his own life, to protect one single human.

The dragon landed in front of her, blocking her way when she wanted to run up into the castle and try to save her plan.

She saw there was no going around it, so she started casting spells and purple sparks flew all around.

A witch against a dragon, it seemed like an already decided battle, but Brigitte was more powerful then most thought. She was controling the dead after all.

The fight raged on, one between the dragon and the witch and the other between the human and a dead man.

Both mates were fighting fiercely to protect the other, not knowing the other was also fighting merely a minute away.

They both also had a high price to pay after the battle was over. One to the dragon, and the other to the cursed weapon in his hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm very sorry this is so short, I have a lot of school work and some other issues to deal with but I promise the next chapter is going to be longer. I would also like to say that after this story I will write another one that takes place in the same universe. Thank you all for reading♡♡♡