To the rescue

In the deepest, darkest cell in the demon castle, sat a human, his ankles and wrists bound with chains.

Theo was unable to move a muscle because of a spell he was under, no matter how hard he tried. He was frantically watching around the room but his human eyes could see absolutely nothing. The only source of light was a torch in the hallway leading to the cell but it was too far away to bring any light to the small, wet and cold room.

Theo was extremely worried about Aleksei. He knew that the demon can protect himself, but he also knew no one was allmighty and there is always someone stronger.

He was trying to think of a way to escape when he heared two pairs of footsteps. They were rushing down the hallway, one person was sushing the other since their shoes made a lot of noise.

In a few seconds they were at the iron bars of the cell, a small jar, glowing a blue light, showed their faces.

It was Ayana hodling it, and next to her was Trottler, both looked severely worn out. Trottler's face was so different he looked like an old man barely standing on his own two feet, and Ayana's always cheerful smile was gone.

"There you are." Trottler said and pulled out a key that was way too small to unlock the cell.

"And what exactly do you plan do to with that key?" Theo asked scepcially, but just as he uttered his question the key changed shape and made itself to fit the lock.

"You take me for some kind of fool boy? These fucks might know a trick or two but I've been here longer." Trottler told him and unlocked the cell door, then he want to free Theo of his restrains, the key again changed shape to fit the lock and set Theo free.

"Thank you." he said, getting up and rushing to the door "I need to find Aleksei." he wanted to run up the stairs and go search for him that same moment but Ayana stopped him.

"You've got no weapons. We can take you to the secret weapon stash the queen had, they hadn't found it yet." she said and pulled him towards a wall, she pressed a charm on her necklace against it and a passage way opened.

"How do you have access to this place?" Theo asked, he hadn't had a chance to get to know much about the castle but he knew Ayana's status wasn't high enough to be able to go anywhere she pleases.

"The queen and the Night Shade witch only had it, but when the castle was taken over the Night Shade gave this to me so it won't be found, she's been hiding in there since. Let's go." and so they went, into the small, cramped and damp crawlspace. Theo was shaking and could barely breathe but he pushed on, refusing to show fear or weakness now that he has to save the love of his life.

They went on for a good, long while until they finally came into a room carved into the stone. The room was filled to the brim with various weapons, some of which Theo has never seen. Amongst the mountains of weapons there stood a woman, her body looked worn out, she was almost like a skeleton. She barely held onto a walking stick she had, yet her face looked tired but beautiful, she looked barely older then twenty.

"Can you help me? I need to save Aleksei." Theo asked in a rush.

"You wish to save the one you love, but what price are you ready to pay? I can give you weapon powerful enough to defeat any living thing in the world, but it all comes at a prince." she said in a sick-sounding voice.

"I need something strong enough to defeat Brigitte and Stefan, I don't care for the prince." Theo said, looking at the woman concerned, she didn't look like she could perform any big spells.

"Alright then." she said and took a sword from the side, it was beautiful, it had mesmerizing emeralds around the handle and it had a certain clow to it.

"Are you certain you are well?" he asked, despite himself.

"Do not worry, Victoria's magic was what kept my sick body well, now that she is gone it is gone with her. And I do not wish to live in a world without her, but I do want to help her son before I go." she explained and took the sword into her palms.

The Night Shade closed her eyes and within a second purple and gold lights filled the room, going from and to the sword. A horrible noise, like demonic screams, could be heared and once it was finished the Night Shade collapsed, letting out her final breath as she trapped a spirit into the weapon.

Theo aproched her limp body and closed her eyes, he then took the sword and the light purple and gold smoke spreading from it disapeared, intead two vines with thorns emerged from the handle and went into his arm, up to his shounder.

The pain was sudden and sharp but he ignored it, blood dripping down his arm, soaking his clothes.

"Thank you everyone, I promise I will make up for all the help you gave me." he said and then made is way back through the crawl space, up the stairs from the dungeon and down a familiar hallway to the throne room.

In there, Brigitte was sitting on Aleksei's throne, with Aleksei's crown on her brow. She was a thief and a traitor, and Theo hated traitors. Aleksei trusted her and she hurt him, so now Theo was going to hurt her and save the one he loves.

He opened the door, bloody trail behind him and sword in his hand, he attacked her with no words exchanged. He didn't want to negotiate with a traitor, he wanted to kill her.

Stefan stepped in front of Brigitte and started fighting Theo. Stefan was far more skilled, however Theo was driven by the need to protect him mate, he knew he will do anything to save him, regardless of the consequences. He was ready to watch the world burn if it meant keeping Aleksei safe.

"I will ask this once. Where is he?!" Theo screamed out.

"Far away from you." Brigitte said from the throne, looking amused by the scene unfolding in front of her.

Theo gripped his sword tighter, causing it to burst out in golden flames that took over his whole body without burning him.

"What in the..." Brigitte started, realising Theo is whielding a cursed weapon and putting together that he was very capable of actually ruinning her plan.