The memory

Down there he saw a familiar face, Ayana was washing something in a big bucket of water. There were multiple of those around the kitchen.

All around there were servants rushing to prepare meals or clean or do whatever one of the nobels ordered.

"Hei." he said to Ayana as he stood over another bucket just next to hers.

"What? Who?" she asked and looked up. "Oh, it's you Theo." she smiled widely.

"Yeah, how are you doing?" Theo asked and started washing the towl, out of habit. He was used to washing his own clothes and towls, or he did it for Lucien when he was sick.

"Is that demon blood?!" Ayana asked in a shocked tone, even stepped away.

"No no no no, I mean yes but I didn't hurt anyone, Aleksei is sick and... He started growing horns and stuff..." Theo was still confused a bit.

"Oh, okay." the girl calmed down and stepped back over the bucket and continued washing whatever it was. When Theo looked over it turned out to be a stained, cotton shirt, it had a big, smiley, green substance on it.

"What happened to that shirt?" he asked.

"I was told to make a sleeping potion but it went kind of wrong and it blew up and now I have this mess on my shirt." Ayana explained.

Theo nodded and got back to washing the towl, his mind wandered off. Somehow it kept getting back onto the unconcious prince up in the tower. He also remembered the talk he had with Isaac about mates.

As he washed the towl in his hands he noticed a scar that went from his wrist to the back of his forearm. It was from when him and Lucien handled a rogue werewolf. That thoght broght back a talk Theo had with his master about a month before he came here, yet it seemed as if it was years. The memory started playing in Theo's head.

"Theo, come here lad, I need to talk to you about something." Lucien said.

Theo looked up from chopping fire wood and followed his master inside their little hut. "What is it?" he asked and sat down on his bed.

"I got some informations about demons that I didn't want to tell you before but now that you are going to go into their kingdom I think you should know." Lucien explained and pulled out a book from a cabinet. "This is a book that was stolen from their library years ago by a hunter, his body was found near the edge of the dark forest. He ripped out the pages and hide them into his clothes before he was discovered. My grandfather found him actually, said the guy has too many wounds to count, some of them were made by claws, some by swords, some by chains. So the hunter binded this book back together and it's reavieled some informations about the current demon queen and her son."

Theo was instantly very interested and stood up so he could see the book better, the covers were plain and black but the pages were stained with blood, probably because of the wounds the hunter had. "So what is so important inside?" he asked.

"Well firstly some artworks of pretty much every monarch those bastards had." Lucien flipped though the pages, on each there was one ruler, under the detailed drawings there were names of those people and for some reason if they were female or male, but then he realised why, some of them has written "fluid" or "neither" or "all" under their pictures. Theo found it strange but not in a bad way.

"Look at this nonsence, "fluid", how can somebody's gender be fluid. You are either a man or a woman, it's as simple as that." Lucien laughed to himself and turned a page on wich was a detailed drawing of no other then queen Victoria, in her arms she held a child, wrapped in a blanket. Theo assumed it was prince Aleksei when he was a child.

"Y-yeah... Nonsence." Theo answered, though he did not agree.

His master opened another page, this one had no drawings or pictures, just a long text. "This is what I wanted to show you, in short it talks about their current queen. It says she killed her entire family to get to the throne. She was the youngest of seven siblings and she would have gotten that crown next to never at that rate. So she found a witch, the NightShade, and she trained Victoria to the point where she was able to curse people just with one glims, and she did that to her siblings and parents, if one was smart, she made them mad, if one was beautiful, she made them hideous, and so on."

"Why did she do it? Besides of getting the crown." Theo asked.

"No other, she is a monster and that's it." Lucien told him and let him read the page himself.

It said that she was a direct descendant of Asmodeus, wich makes Aleksei one too. It also said that out of her other six siblings she had only one brother, the oldest child. Other then that it also said that her main power was ilusion, but the part Theo found most interesting is the one talking about her son, he assumed it was the part Lucien wanted him to see.

The part said that Aleksei's fire power manifested merely minutes after he was born, that his father's identity is known only by a few demons, and that he was trained by the most powerful warriors in history, even god of war Ares himself. Regarding Aleksei taking over the kingdom, it said that some of powers he will get by taking the crown and finding his mate are accses to the underworld, power to take his full demon form even on Earth and, lastly, power to control a dragon. Demon royal family has a dragon that has sworn to serve them for all eternity, and the current ruler can call out for it and it will come.

Ilustration on the next page showed one of the previous rulers with the dragon. It's scales were painted in all shades of the galaxy, but the ones that were dominant were pink, purple and blue. It's eyes were a flaming shade of red and even just the picture gave you chills. Underneath it it said that the dragon's scales change colours based on the ruler it serves, each color representing a part of the person.

When Theo found the ilustration with the current queen sure enough, it was the same dragon with different scales, these were black and gray wich faded into white and it had purple details, the one thing that stayed the same are the eyes. When he turned the page it was blank, understandably since the book was stolen.

"Do you see what will happen if the demon prince gets his full power? He will be able to control a damn dragon. If you are not able to kill him before that the only other solution is to kill his mate, understood?" Lucien asked in a sharp tone.

"Yes sir." Theo answered.

"Good, now let's go training. I want you to master every weapon possible." Lucien ordered and Theo nodded, grabbed his weapons and headed out.

It was pouring ice-cold rain and you could barely see a finger in front of you, but even the end of the world can't stop Theo's training scedual.