Days turn into weeks,weeks into months

Six months have passed on the mountain. Six long months of training in body, mind and soul.

Theo was sharpening his sword, one given to him by Ezume, who told him that the weapon contains a curse. A curse that could be awakened and controled if the whielder is determinant enough. He has had the blade for a little over three weeks at that point, and nothing has happened yet.

Meanwhile, his demon mate was trying with all his might to shift into his true demon form, but ever since the incident he hasn't been able to do so. The farthest he got were horns and claws. He was standing in the middle of a small clearing, his tireless effords creating heat that melted the show around him, making it seem as if he was in a hole because there is a constant cover of 4 feet of snow that high up.

His father was standing close by, supervising with watchful eyes what his son does. The man was paranoied that if Aleksei unlocks too much of his powers at once, a very strong warlock might notice and inform the enemy.

"This is useless! Ezume talked about medicene to help increes my abilities! Give it to me so I can finish this already!" Aleksei screamed in frustration, storming towards his father while melting all the snow in his path.

"The medication is still not a hundred percent safe for use, it's still in experimental state and I will not let you risk poisoning." the answer came in the same voice as usual, monotone and cold.

"I don't care! I've been stuck here for months with no fucking progress what so ever! I'M SICK OF IT!" Aleksei yells into his father's face. His rage would be able to strike fear deep into anyone's bones but the man did not flinch. Main reason for that being that this was not Aleksei's rage, this was simple anger and frustration. His true rage was something nobody would dare to set in motion, not even the demon's own father.

The old man was aware that he is strong but his age started catching up on him, and if he was to try and fight his own son in a mere phisical ability fight, he would lose sooner or later.

"I told you already, once you can shift into your true form we will continue. Your mother intended you to be king with her by your side, to guide you, but she can not do that now which makes you incapable of being king until your get yourself together. You are nothing but a child, your crown is still too big for your hot head and your cloak is too heavy for your shoulders." the words cut deep and the one who spoke them was aware of it, however they can not afford spoiling Aleksei like his mother used to. She made sure he was treated as the very best, and it made him believe he was.

"If you suddenly have a sence of parenting it's a bit too late old man." Aleksei said in a sharp, bitter tone.

"I do not. However I am aware that you are the only one who can fix this mess so I am not letting you die of poisoning by experimental medicene. I do not care for you as a son, as you said yourself it's too late for that, but I do care for you as I care for other people here. And if your bratty ass is the one decided to save them then I will not let you do anything stupid." Aleksei's father had a look in his eyes that crushed even the smallest bit of hope for perental love in his heart. It was tucked away in the corder, dusty and small but it was there, until those words were spoken that is.

Aleksei was hurt but he didn't show it. His anger went down a little bit so he turned around and left, he walked up to Theo who saw the fight but was too far to hear it.

"Would you like me to help you with that, my love?" Aleksei asked his mate, who was at that moment stuggling to properly use the sword he was given.

It seemed heavy in his arms, as if it was resisting him. He put it down and answeted "That could help, but are you all right? That fight seemed rough."

"Nothing out of the usual. I'll live." Aleksei smiled, it was not the smile he gives to other people. That smile is a lie most of the time, it doesn't reach his eyes. The smile he gives Theo however is honest and real. They both learned a lot about the mate bond they share. One of those things being that if they lie to each other, small or big, their bond suffers, which causes both of them to suffer. So Aleksei stopped saying he was alright when he wasn't, and Theo stopped saying the same.

Aleksei was hurt by his father but not a big extend, he did not expect any form of affection from the man, he was just dissapointed at the moment.

Assured that his mate is not hurt, Theo smiled and let him lead the two of them farther away, where nobody could see or hear them.

"You have to treat it with respect. You are used to swords being just pieces of metal, but this one isn't. There is a cursed entity inside. You need to treat it as a battle partner, not a mere weapon." Aleksei explained as he stood behind his mate, holding the sword over Theo's own hands.

Theo followed the guidance of his mate, trying to treat the weapon in his hands like Aleksei told him to.

They trained and talked for a while before a small blue glow could be seen from the sword.

"Something is happening!" Theo yelled, losing his focus to excitement as the small light went out. "It happened, something happened I saw it."

"I know dear, I saw it too. You just need to focus a bit more and you'll be able to use it soon." the demon smiled proudly at his mate and planted a kiss onto the other's lips.

They ended up sitting down in snow and kissing randomly. Both of them needed some quiet time, but they needed each other as well.

The two did not notice the night fall nor did they notice someone aproche them.

Once they did however, both of them jumped to their feet, with Aleksei setting his palms ablaze and Theo gripping the sword he can now use.

"Calm down, it's just me." the voice that came from the dark belonged to Brigitte. "Your father wants you to come back, he says he will train you." she told them.

"Why would he suddenly change his mind?" Aleksei asked, still not letting his guard down since the person in front of him could be someone in disguise.

"I don't know. He says he wants only you there. And he says he wants you there now." the hybrid said in her usual soft tone.

"Give us proof that it's really you." Theo said.

"Aleksei is afraid of bugs." she said in a matter-of-fact tone. It was a fact only two people knew, and since one of them is Theo is was proof that she really was Brigitte.

So the demon and his mate went back with her.

"I will go to see my father, you go have some fun with the others." Aleksei told his mate, kissed him, and went to the room his father was waiting in.