The gesture

The only time Theo ever saw a gesture like this was that one time in an old taven three towns away, it was a night after a hard mission and he when somebody started playing in a taven they were staying in a man got up and asked the waitress to a dance, he also kissed her hand like Aleksei did just now.

You could basically hear everyone breathing because of how quiet the room was and Aleksei just started laughing.

"What? Pick up your damn yaws off the fucking floor." he told everyone else and then looked at Theo again, arching his eyebrows and smirking "Care to have a little chat with me pretty boy?" he asked.

"Sure..." Theo answered, still in a state of shock. As they walked out of the room he looked at his own hand, not believing that just a moment ago Aleksei's lips were at that same spot he was looking at.

As they walked out of the castle into the garden beautiful roses came into the view. The garden was protected from the snow by a spell or maybe servants cleaned it. The bushes were unlike any flowers Theo saw before, they weren't normal roses you would see in your neighbours yard, these were bigger and their colours were much brighter. At that moment, however,
neither the roses nor the snow mattered to Theo, his eyes were fixated on the beautiful creature walking in front of him, the prince was still in his training clothes and had a cloak over his shoulders, thick and deep blue.

The prince walked up to a bush of black roses and picked one, but not like humans do, he picked this one with magic so he was able to keep it alive.

"You know, I've always loved being dramatic and poetic, but right now I have nothing. You, a pretty human boy, left me speechless." he laughed softly and turned back to Theo, sending the black rose to him using his magic, slowly setting the delicat flower on fire but not letting it burn out. The flame wasn't red like usual, it was blue.

Theo looked at it, the small flames looked so delicat and gentle, they looked nothing like the raging fire eating up everything in it's path that Aleksei was creating less than an hour ago. It was as if the flames reflected Aleksei, temper tantrums on one side, and a gentle touch on the other. Like Aleksei was embodiment of fire, it can be destructive and horrible and haunt your nightmares, but it can also be your best friend on a cold night.

"Aleksei? What are you trying to tell me?" Theo asked, not wanting to get his hopes up just to have them crushed soon.

"I hate being so blunt, just so you know." the demon prince added before stepping just a bit closer. "I'm saying that I think you are my mate, and if you are not I don't give a single fuck, I will make you my mate." he said and stepped one more step closer, the only thing left between the two of them was the burning flower. "I don't know much about you but i know I would set this whole rotten world on fire and not let a single flame touch you, that I can promise you here and now."

As much as Theo wanted to sound half as poetic as Aleksei sounded even with just those few words, all his brain came up with was the most stupid question ever. "Can I kiss you?" as soon as the words left hid mouth he blushed such a deep shade of red you would confuse him for one of the roses.

"Of course you can but first," Aleksei slowly took Theo's chin in his hands and looked him straight in the eyes, a flame burning in his own. "never be ashamed for asking for consent." he said.

Theo smiled for a second and than kissed him, he was kissing the demon prince, he was kissing Aleksei. His lips were warm and so soft, they tasted like caramel and it was very obviois they were skilled. Theo on the other hand was sloopy and inexperianced.

Aleksei didn't seem to mind, his arms wrapped around Theo's waist, he let the rose between them burn all the way up and pulled Theo closer.

Theo felt a soft bite on his lower lip, making him let out a moan and instantly break the kiss out of embarassment. He looked down to his feet again, only this time he saw a pair of black boots standing extremely close to his.

"Hei, look at me pretty boy." the prince said in a soft, gentle voice. Holding Theo's chin again but not forcing him to look up, he did it on his own.

The hunter expected Aleksei to tease him in the best case and in the worst to walk away from him forever after seeing just how inexperianced he was, but the look on the demon's face wasn't the look of somebody who is mocking you. It was actually very new, the look was kind and the smile was soft. It made Aleksei look an awful lot like just a teenage boy and not future king of all demon blooded creatures, and soon to be the most powerful crature in the world.

"It's allright darling, I can teach you." he said but not in a mocking way, it was his attempt of comforting Theo and it was sweet. It was as if not many people get to see this side of the demon prince, and Theo was honored to be one of those people.

Theo looked into those eyes full of livly flame, fully of passion and power, and he felt safe in somebody else's arms for the first time in what felt like forever. He just leaned his head onto Aleksei's chest and stopped being the protector for a while and let somebody else protect him. It felt good to know he is not on his own anymore.