The ceremony

As the sun went down the guests started showing up. All kinds of titles were thrown around. Brigitte was by Theo's side and she explained most of them, Clarabelle just stood there. It was very obvious this wasn't her idea of fun and Theo understood her completely.

"That over there is duchess Smith, she's talking to earl Barclay, complete jerk if you ask me. And the couple who just entered are viscount and viscountess Pendragon." Brigitte whispered.

"Will I have to know all this?" Theo asked.

"Yup, every single one of these pricks." Clarabelle told him and laughed.

"God help me." Theo mumbled and watched as more and more demon nobles walk in, or at least Theo thoght they were just demons, in fact there was many kinds mixed up into the big crowd of slik, gold and jewls. The throne room was so big not even hundreds of people could make it look crowded.

Behind a big family with two sets of twins walked a very old man, his clothes stood out very much. They were dirty with wine stains and his cape was ripped at the ends, many people around him covered their noses and mouth because the man stinked worst than a corpse, he was also partialy drunk. He pushed one child aside and stumbleded into the room, going way too close to the two thrones now standing where Victoria's used to be.

The queen's throne was moved one step down and in it's place stood two new ones, the one meant for Aleksei was taller and made out of red glass with black padding, and the one meant for Aleksei's mate was shorter and made out of white marble with same black padding.

Before the drunk man could come any further he was blown back by a wall nobody could see, it was a protection charm.

"What is this?!" he yelled and got up.

Two guards came and pulled the man away, not bothering to answer his question.

Castle guards had different uniforms than the rest of the army. Their's weren't suits of armor, they were made of black leather pants and red shirts. Theo learned that it was because castle guards were the most skilled warriors with highly developed powers and a suit or armor would restrict their movement. They also had a broken mirror sewn into the back of their shirts. It was to represent the queen who's main power was mind control and ilusion and starting tomorrow it will be changed into a flame to represent Aleksei.

The drunk man continued to yell and kick as the guards dragged him away from the crowd, he said something about the crown being rightfuly his and things like that.

Just as Brigitte was about to explain who the man was the whole room went dead silent as the queen stepped in.

She still had her crown and her head was heald high, every person in the room kneeled as she passed.

Once she made her way to the throne everyone got back up. She took her crown off and it went from a beautiful diamonds to a plane metal crown as she put in down on the stand.

Her voice seemed lounder than usual when she spoke "All kneel before your  new king, my son, Aleksei." she said and the door opened again.

Aleksei looked even more stunning than usual, knee high boots with roses sewn into them and a high heel, as if he wasn't tall enough already. A corset was tied to tightly around his waist Theo wondered how he was able to breath, the corset was a deep shade of red with silver details and his shirt under it was white but with laced collard and sleeves. A cape dragged behind him, it was black and seemed to be made out of feathers. Silver earings dangled from his ears and a long necklace reached down to the half of his corset. Many rings shined on his fingers.

Theo could hear people whispering as they kneeled again. Many were still hoping they were the prince's mate and others commented on the prince's outfits being too much. To Theo anything Aleksei wore was perfect.

The soon-to-be-king walked to the throne painfuly slow, clearly enjoying all the attention. Someone in the back of the room started crying when he walked by and didn't take them with him.

He approched Theo with a smirk, pulling him up and whispered into his ear "My darling, don't you ever kneel in front of anyone again." and he took him to the throne.

Shocked gasps and whispers filled the room, a demon ruler didn't have a human mate since... Well since forever.

Theo sat down on the white throne and did his best to hide the blush spreading all over his face as people got back up to their feet and looked at them.

Aleksei on the other hand kneeled down in front of his mother as she put the crown onto his head. The crown changed shape once more, making itself perfect for Aleksei and becoming a creation of melted glass and red jem stones. It looked like fire and it stood out perfectly on his pitch black hair.

The whole room yelled out in union "Long live the king!"

Aleksei sat down and shamelessly took Theo's hand into his own, he looked at Theo and smirked.

Victoria sat down on her old throne and looked at her son, nobody else could see it but next to her, in the shadows, was a woman, the Night Shade witch.

Trottler came forward, bowed, and then gestured for a servant girl to bring two christal glasses of whine, and he himself carried a dagger on a red pillow.

It reminded Theo of the ceremony they were supposed to do now. Aleksei has talked to him about it and made sure Theo was fine with doing it since it was a little bit gorey for humans. But it wasn't the blood pact that bothered Theo, it was the eyes of so many people on them.

Aleksei got up again and held out his hand, wich Theo took. They stood there and faced each other.

"Just look at me love." Aleksei said and took the dagger first, he leaned his head a bit and made a cut on his neck, drops of black blood began running down as soon as he did so.

The servant girl gave Theo his glass and Aleksei leaned his head again, letting three drops fall into the glass.

He handed Theo the dagger and took the other glass from the servant.

Theo made a cut on his own neck, flinching a little bit and letting the blood drip into Aleksei's glass.

Trottler took the dagger and the two of them drank the wine. To Theo it tasted kind of sweet for something that has blood in it.

At first it didn't feel like anything special happened but when they looked into each other's eyes it felt like they were connected with some kind of strings, or more like chains, Theo didn't know how to describe it but it was the best feeling he ever felt in his entire life.