Family dinner

The man took one small, almost meaningless look at Theo and then looked back at Aleksei. It was obvious to him that Theo didn't understand a single word of their language so he spoke in english next. His accent was new to Theo, his words sounded sharp and some of the words were wrongly pronounced, but all in all his sentances were correct.

"I see you have met your sister, Yuudai. Her name is Kozakura." the man's voice was deep and calm.

Theo expected Aleksei to be shocked to have a sister, but the he wasn't, or at least he didn't show it.

"That is no longer my name, it never was actually, chichioya." Aleksei said the last word mockingly and Theo assumed it was either an insult or father.

"That will always be your name, no matter how much you or your mother try to change it. But nevermind that, I assume you have come here to ask me to train you." Aleksei's father payed no mind to the way his son said the last word.

"Yes. And do not assum this is some kind of father-son bonding thing. I simply came here to use you and what you offered me in order to take my kingdom back."

"Very well, I did offer you training multiple times so I might as well keep my word. We will start tomorrow, until then let us have dinner." and as if on cue servants broght in several dishes Theo has never seen before.

A strong smell of fish filled the room as the table filled more and more. There were several bowls with what looked like soup, rice bowls, small containers with sauces and god knows what else. The part that Theo couldn't wrap his head around is the lack of knives, forks and spoons, instead he saw wooden sticks painted in black.

Aleksei took them in his left hand, wich was suprising considering he heald his sword with his right. He then showed Theo how to properly hold the chop sticks.

"Stop that. Hold your chop sticks properly." his father said.

"I don't know what you mean." Aleksei said with a smirk.

"I told your mother to corect that left hand of yours."

"Too bad she doesn't give a shit about what you said." Aleksei answered and when Theo almost dropped one of his chop sticks he cought it without looking. He then scooted closer to hid mate and helped him by gently taking his hands and helping him to hold the chopsticks properly. He did not pay any mind to hid father giving him to the dirty look.

His sister on the other hand looked af is the whole situation was incredibly boreing.

They ate in silence, with ocasional noise Theo's clumsy hands made with delicat bowls and falling chap sticks.

"Are you a warrior?" Kozakura asked after a while of Theo struggly to eat with the chop sticks. Her accent was stronger then her father's.

"Um... Sort of, you could call it that yes." Theo said, not wanting to exactly say that up until a few weeks ago he was a supernatural hunter.

"Are you good with swords of knives?" she asked.

"Well, yes, I like to think I am."

"Then how are you able to use that but not simple cutlery." she asked coldly and looked him dead in the eyes.

The only thoght that came to Theo's mind in that moment is that there is no doubt, she was Aleksei's sister.

"I... Well I never used these before." Theo said.

"Leave him alone." Aleksei defended his mate.

"Don't be rude to your sister." their father said and looked at Theo again since the first time he did so, as if he just noticed the hunter was even there.

"You are a human, aren't you?" he then asked.

"I am."

"I see, so my own son has sunk so low that he will really be with any living creature." the observation was said as if he was talking about what will be for dinner the next day.

"Shut up, who I'm in a relationship with has nothing to do with you, and besides he is my mate so you really have no right getting into our private life. I came here to use you and to train, then I will go back to my kingdom and live as if you don't exist like I did up until now." Aleksei told his father and took Theo's hand on the table, not even trying to hide it but looking at Theo for approval for his action.

Theo squeezed his mate's hand to let the other know it was alright and looked at Aleksei's father, he spoke "With all due respect sir, I will not let you disrespect our relationship, we... Well I might be new to it but it doesn't mean it can't be strong. There is a long way to go, we know that, but it still doesn't give you the right to act like this to your own son."

Aleksei was impressed and proud of his partner for standing up like that. Theo was the kind of person to be able to keep quiet when someone was talking badly about him, not because he was someone extremely humble, but simply because everyone can have an opinion on anyone, and if somebody doesn't like him Theo is fine with that. But if somebody talks badly of people he is close to he will get defensive. Just like back at home, wich at that moment seemed a lifetime away, he would simply ignore those who said something rude to him, but if they did something to Theo's friends or siblings they would be in big trouble.

Thinking about home made Theo realise just how somesick he actually was, he wanted to be with Aleksei but the thoght of having to leave everything else behind terrified him, though nobody ever said he will have to do that.

Aleksei noticed his mate's mood change and said they will leave, he then offered Theo to go have a hot bath and explained that one of the buildings is a bath house that can be entered from within the building they were in, so that they wouldn't have to go out into the cold. Theo was hesitant at first since it would mean that Aleksei would see his body but the king promised him not to look or even to take separate baths if it would make him more comfortable.

After thinking about it for a bit Theo agreed and they went into the bath house.