Back to the demon castle

They silently got back to the city and for most of their three days stay there things were pretty much the same, Aleksei did whatever he was supposed to do here, and Theo wasn't allowed to get any details about it.

On their way back pouring cold rain started and inside the caridge was as cold as it gets. Demons don't feel cold or hot the same way as humans but even Aleksei was wrapped into his fur cape. Not real fur ofcourse, Aleksei was known for torturing and killing but he drew the line on hurting innocent animals, his furs were all made by demon magic, they were so soft you would think you are floating in clouds, and so warm they could keep you cozy for entire winter. However not warm enough for waether in the demon kingdom.

"This isn't normal rain is it?" Theo asked, his nose completely shut, wich made him sound odd.

"Weather is different here, and we are much closer to the mountains on the north." In the demon kingdom seasons and weather were unpredictable and dangerous, the gods that controlled it often liked to mess with the demons, especialy Aleksei since when it comes to gods, Aleksei either fucked them, pissed them off or stole from them, in some cases even all of the above.

Aleksei snezzed and pulled a scarf he wore over his mouth, his sneez was one of the most adorable sounds Theo has ever heared, and having in mind that he once saw a litter of puppyies cuddling with a stray kitten so it doesn't get cold or lonely, that's saying something.

He continued looking at the prince, his pale cheeks and nose were now slightly pink, his hands shaking a bit. He looked out of the window. "What? You piece of shit Boreas." He spat, it just then started to snow.

"Sorry who?" Theo was confused.

"God of cold north wind and the bringer of winter you idiot." again, 'isn't that obvious' tone.

"Oh...and you are angry why? I can see it's not just because it's cold."

"Because-" the prince sighed "I planned on having my cheremony in the garden with roses but now that's out of the damn window. Once the snow starts here it doesn't stop for weeks, even months." he explained.

"Oh..." well that was a bit dramatic in Theo's mind. He wanted to ask more about it but he wasn't sure if that would give away his feelings, so he kept quiet.

After about ten more minutes he heared a small, adorable snoring noise. Aleksei fell asleep with his head placed next to the window, moonlight on his face made his pale skin even more noticable, like it was glowing. His beautiful, long lashes were so dark somebody would think they were painted on. Little spikes of his hair fell over his forehead and his mouth was slightly opened, reavealing his perfectly white, sharp teeth. When he was asleep he looked like an angel, no smirk or scowl on his face.

Theo just kept looking at him for some time before he noticed that the prince was shaking a bit, he would never say it or show it but he was quiet sensitive and easily got sick, for a demon that is. If they looked from human perspective Aleksei would probably be the healthiest perons to ever live. However in demon world he was quiet skicly, that was because of the time he was born in. The time when demons were at war with angels and nephilims, the food supplies in the kingdom were short and the magic could only do so much in terms of food and water. His mother was also alone at the throne so she was balancing with war on one side and her newborn son on the other. As the result of that Aleksei grew to be sickly, that did not stop him to become the hero of the demons or one of the strongest warriors alive.

Theo didn't know what to do since he had nothing to help warm Aleksei up, so he just let himself drift away to sleep too, but not before scooting just a tiny bit closer, close enough to see small clouds of white smoke forming in front of Aleksei's mouth as he slept.

Once they arrived they were woken up by Trottler, slowly opening the door, he not-so-gently shook Theo awake and then approched his master and extremely gently shook his arm.