A mask, or maybe not

Theo snapped out of his daydream when he heared someone calling out his name, loudly and angrily it seemed.

It was Trottler. "Oi! Pay attention boy! Master wants you to get back to his room!" he yelled, snatching the towl out of Theo's hands and pointing to the door.

"What? Why would he want me?" Theo was suprised but also happy, though he would never admit it.

"I don't know! Maybe he wants to use you like a punching bag see if I care! Now get going before he burns the damn castle down!" Trottler yelled again and shoved him to the door.

Theo got back up to the tower and slowly opened the door to Aleksei's room. The prince was on sitting on his bed with his head in his palms. His hair was messy and the horns that he now had looked painful, as if his head would explode if you just touched them. In this state he looked so different, his usual confident, cocky self was replaced by this voulnerable, gentle looking boy. The demon prince seemed like just another teenager and not like a future king and the most powerful creature on earth.

"Trottler said you wanted me to come." Theo spoke after a few minutes of Aleksei not noticing him.

Aleksei looked up, his eyes were fully black and had bloody red vains around them. "Yes. Come here." he said but his tone was much more soft then usual. Maybe he wasn't his owl self now? Or maybe he was and the smirking, rude, arrogant prick was just a mask?

The human came closer to the bed. "Do you need something?" he asked.

"Yeah. I was thinking about my birthday, I want my private guard to have a decent dress, the royal tailors are coming now so you just sit here and wait." he told him.

"Wait what? You want me to be there?" Theo asked. He didn't really want to be there since he did not want to see Aleksei with someone else.

"And you do not want to be there?" now the prince's tone was sharp and cold.

Theo didn't want to anger him in this state so he just shook his head. "No, I mean yes but no, I do want to be there."  he said.

"Good." Aleksei said and at that moment there was a knock on the door. "Enter." the prince said.

The door opened to reveal four demons with different materials, strings, ribbons, gems and what not.

Theo couldn't place if the person entering first was a man or a woman, they were avradge height, some would call the person chubby but beautiful non the less. Their deep brown eyes looked like dark melted gold and their hair was framing their face in short curls, the colour was blonde with darker ends. Next to the person stood very tall, with long almost white hair reaching all the way down to their back and black eyes, what was strange is the part of the eye that was supposed to be black, was bloody red. Next to the two stood twins, a boy and a girl not looking older then 14 years old. They wore matching outfits just like every other servant in the demon castle, a black button up shirt with red pants or a skirt(though Theo noticed this was not by gender but by what the person chose to wear),completed with a golden cravat or tie, this too by choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this is shortt. I have a writers block and school is starting again soon so I have some things to do.