Practice makes perfect

Theo was came back to his sences from his memory when Aleksei finished the spell on the clock, it was on the table, fully restored and ticking.

"Good, now onto more complicated objects." Ezume said and removed the clock from the table, she then pointed at a bookshelf "Try with that, and the books have to be in the same order as originally."

"This is stupid." Aleksei mumbled to himself but listened and aproches the bookshelf. This time when Theo payed attention he could see small, thin, sparkly purple smoke surrounding the object his mate was trying to take apart and then restore to it's original shape.

Slowly but steadily books and all sorts of trinkets started floating off the shelf, one after another, then the nails keeping the shelf together, and lastly the wood it was made of.

After a few seconds of floating in the air, the shelf started coming back together, first the wood stood back in place, then the nails dug back into the holes they were pulled out of, then the books and the trinkets put themselves back in place. The only thing not in place was the dust that fell off.

Ezume stepped closer to see if all the items were in order. She started touching the book spines and small crystals that settled on the shelf.

"These two books are switched." she pointed out the books she was talking about and continued. "This quartz was on the left side, and this herb jar was one shelf lower, but other then that the rest is in order. Do it again, and again and again until it's the exact same order."

"What? Why?" Aleksei huffed, obviously annoyed.

"Because. If you intent to defeat your enemy you need far more power then just your flames. You can not burn your way through every obsticle you face. And you can not rely on one power. You need more, and this part you need to be able to do in your sleep if you want to even stand a chance against the one who took your throne. Do you want to avenge your mother and take back your crown, or do you not?" her tone was harsh and strict.

"So what? I will just be taking apart some dusty old book shelves while he destroys my kingdom?!" Aleksei yelled.

Theo stepped close to him and held his hand "Don't yell at her. She is only trying to help. And if you are ready to put up with your father then this shouldn't be that big of a deal." he did not know where those words came from since he wasn't the greatest with words but somehow even those simply worded sentances were what it needed to calm down the irritated king. His expresion softened and he gently squeezed Theo's hand. It became sort of their comfort gesture to each other.

"Alright, I will continue to do this like it's a kids playing set with wooden houses." he said, refering to one of many companys the people of his kingdom owned. One of the biggest industries in the kingdom were suprisingly, toy factories. The biggest one was owned by a commoner who happened to have a gift for making toys the kids enjoy, and in Aleksei's mind those were the only ones that didn't look like they will get up at night and stab you to death. An unknown fact about Aleksei is his his undeniable, huge fear of dolls and puppets. He just finds them terrible.

"Now again." Ezume told him and turned to Theo. "Would you like some tea?"

"I would like that, thank you." Theo smiled and stepped away from the demon, but not before Aleksei stole a quick kiss.

Ezume prepared tea for them and conjured two chairs for the two of them to sit down.

"Can I ask you something?" Theo asked her.

"You can, and I will answer if I can." the woman answered, turning her head to him.

"Have you ever been in the village called Dean? I saw a girl who looked similar to you once." the human explained, he did not want to trigger any painful memories but his curiosity got the best of him.

Ezume seemed to freez for a few seconds, and when she spoke her voice seemed different, like one that hides raging winds under a facade.

"The child you saw was not me. It was my daughter."

The human's jaw dropped. He did not mean to bring up such a painful subject. He started to apologize but was interupted.

"Don't apologize. It's not like you knew or could have done anything." she told him.

Even though the woman was blind, or if not she couldn't see because of the blindfold, Theo felt like she was looking at him. Not just phisically, it felt like she was able to look into his soul.

And just as if she was reading his mind, she said "You are curious, I can sence it. Do you wish to know the full story of what happened?" she asked.

"If it's not to painful of a story I would like it. But if it's too much ask I completely understand. Don't feel like you have to tell me just because I asked." Theo answered.

"If I wasn't ready to tell the story I wouldn't ask if you wanted to know." she told him.

"Alright. I'm sorry. I would like to hear in that case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys, I know the chapter is short but I'm having some problems so I don't have much time to write. I hope I'll be able to make the next one longer. Thank you for reading♡