The day has come

The following morning Theo woke up in Aleksei's bed and Aleksei told him not to worry about his birthday and that he is sure that Theo is his mate.

And so the days went by and it was the morning of Aleksei's birthday. Theo couldn't really sleep well that night, his dreams kept on waking him up.

When they sun rose at the break of dawn there was a kock on the door, the guests will start showing up in the evening but by that time everything is to be checked three times, every servant is to stand in a perfect line by the door, every guard's armor is to be polished and Aleksei is to look as stunning as ever.

Aleksei looked and Theo by his side and smiled "See darling? I told you you were my mate." he said and opened the door with his magic.

Of course, the demon prince knew who his mate was the second he woke up.

"Your highness." the tailors said in union and bowed.

"I will see you in a few hours my dear." the prince smiled and walked away, he stole a small kiss before he did so.

Theo smiled and just let himself sink deeper into the bed, he was finally at peace. He was Aleksei's mate, nobody will take him away. But then it hit him, he will have to dance with Aleksei in front of all those lords and nobles and god knows who else, and Theo didn't know a single thing about dancing.

As soon as the door opened and Trottler walked in Theo jumped up.

"I need to learn how to dance." he said, so fast most people wouldn't understand him, neither did Trottler.

"Excuse me what?" he asked.

"I need to learn how to dance, like now." Theo said, slowly this time.

"You don't know how to dance? How do you not know how to dance?!" as if the poor man didn't have enough to stress about already, now he needed to take care of this too.

"Well I know how to dance but not on a royal court, I know how to dance in a taven." Theo explained.

"Gods! Damnit! You tell me that now?! Don't answer! Just-just-I don't know come-wait no, stay here and wait. I'll find someone to teach you! Bloody hell." Trottler said and basically ran out of the room.

Just a few minutes after Brigitte walked into the room, laughing.

"So, Trottler tells me I need to teach you how to dance?" she asked.

"Yes, please." Theo said.

"Of course, sorry it's just that you remind me of myself when I first met Aleksei." she laughed but pulled something out of her pocket, a little wooden box.

Once she opened it a dramatic song started playing, a mixture of more instruments than Theo could count. But it sure wasn't what you would imagine to play on a court, it was dark and fast paced and sounded like a battle song.

"Isn't this a bit much for a beginer?" Theo asked.

"This kind of music will be played tonight, you need to learn it quickly, and please try not to crush my feet while we learn." she explained "Now, since Aleksei will be leading the dance I will lead now so you can catch it."

And so they started practicing, Theo was barefoot as to not break Brigitte's feet. He got a hang of it pretty fast but only on an avrage level, so they kept on practicing.

It took them a good few hours until Theo was on a "it may pass" level and when it was time for Theo to get dressed.

The tailors who apparently finished their bussines with Aleksei, came in and started putting the suint on him, the same one Aleksei designed a few days ago.

Trottler was in the room with him dicatating what Theo was supposed to do, how he was supposed to do it and when.

"So, once everyone is in the room the queen will enter first and take off her crown and put it on the stand, then the prince will walk in, take you from your spot and you will walk up to the throne with him, his mother will crown him and then you two will take the oath to the gods and to each other, after that there is the dance, you two will dance to three songs until the rest start joining you, then you just do what the prince decides. Tomorrow you will attend a royal dinner with the nobles and after that you have a meeting with the generals and his highness will decide if you will be present there or not. Is that clear?" he asked and looked up from a new list he was holding.

"Yes." Theo said, he sounded calm but he was freaking out, up until now he just had to follow Aleksei around but now he will have to actually do something.

He didn't know how to behave now, until this morning he didn't even know how to dance in court, he will have to learn how to speak properly to the noblemen and how to act around other people, he wondered if he will have to remember pointless history facts and family names.

His mind so big of a mess he almost forgot about what got him there in the first place, the mission he was send on. He was send there to kill the man he will soon be mated to. The young hunter's mind started to wander, what would his family think of him now? Getting dressed up in fancy clothes and learning to waltz, in a demon castle, in the demon prince's bedroom where he shared a bed with him for the last two nights. What would Lucien say? Theo knew the answer to that one, he would say Theo was bewitched or something like that. Would he dare to come all the way to the demon kingdom to see if Theo was killed on his mission? Would he himself get killed trying to get in during the most important day for the demon kingdom?

There was no time to think about that, the tailors finished their job and Trottler was done with his instructions, it was go time.