Illusion

A/n
Just a quick side note, they are talking in japanese in this chapter unless it's cursive, then it's english.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There you are. Come here, we'll start." Aleksei's father said as his son walked into the spaceious room.

The walls were the same ones as the rest of the building but here there was a spell keeping the room soundproof and the walls as strong as stone.

"Start what?" Aleksei inquired.

"I will teach you how to use your secondary powers. I planned on doing that later but I send out some servants to the town at the foot of the mountain today and they said they saw royal guards asking about newcomers to the town. He's looking for you." the man explained.

Aleksei looked at his father with worried eyes, he didn't want to stay here and leave his people alone.

"First tell me, what is really happening? What is he doing?" he asked in a sharp, demanding voice.

"The castle is surrounded by new guards, the ones that go in don't get out alive, anyone out after dark is hanged at the main square. The old servants are most likely dead, anyone who shows even a spec of loyalty towards you is imprisoned. He is ruling with a heavy hand and needs to be stopped. That does not mean I will allow you to leave here before you are ready, it just means I will skip a few steps in your training." the old man explained.

The demon king made a decision in that moment, he decided he will finish his training in the smallest amout of time and take back his kingdom.

"Teach me." he told his father bluntly.

"Very well." the man announced and continued.

Not even a full hour later Aleksei was trying to fully change his apearance into another person.

Sweat was soaking his face and body, his face glitching into soft, child-like features, his height shrunk and in a matter of seconds he looked like a seven year old child.

"Stop the glitching, if you glitch it will give you away that instant." the strict man ordered.

"I'm-... I'm trying-...damn it." Aleksei spoke in a child's voice, barely keeping the form he was in.

"Try harder then. I'm not letting you off easy as everyone did all your life."

The demon's illusion broke, he glitched back into his normal form and fell down onto the floor, exhaused. "You don't know shit about how my life was, and don't pretend that you do." he said and got up again, his legs were shaking but he still tried to make another illusion, this time into a guard in full uniform.

He managed to keep that form for about a minute before he glitched back into his normal self.

"Keep going, I need you to not glitch for at least half an hour before we continue, and I am not letting you out of this room until you manage to do that. Again." he said and walked around his son.

Aleksei switched form after form, shifting into Brigitte, a middle aged vampire, Trottler, an elf in bright yellow robes, a human girl, an old man with a walking stick and so on.

After about two hours, and a lot of effort, he managed to keep the form of Isaac for just a little less then half an hour.

"Again." his father ordered, but before Aleksei could change his apearance again there was a loud noise from the hallways, two pairs of rushing steps could be heared running and after just a second two servants opened the door, out of breath and with their shoes still on, bringing bits of snow into the room.

"Master! The men from the village are coming up the mountain!" one of them anounced, loudly and barely breathing.

"Hide them!" the only man ordered and looked at his son. "If they get too close make a portal and run." he told him and walked out.

Aleksei ran out and got to his mates room. Picking him up without effort, waking him up in the process.

"What?! Who- what's happening?!" Theo was shocked and reached for any sort of weapon, but calmed down when he saw it was Aleksei.

"Stefan send people looking for us, we need to hide." Aleksei explained as they entered the bath house, opening a door to a secret room.

You wouldn't be able to find the door unless you knew where exactly to look, as they were the size of a cupboard and hidden behind one of the baths.

Aleksei opened it with his foot and lowered Theo to the floor.

"Go, I'm right behind you love." he told Theo, looking behind to see if anybody was close, he knew the servants will lead others to several other secret rooms so he wasn't worried about not waiting for them.

"It's a small space... And it's really dark." Theo said in a shaking voice, he didn't think it was the right time to admit that he is a bit claustrophobic.

The demon turned around to look at his mate, he wasn't sure what to do and thought for a bit "Would it be better if I go first and light a fire in my hand?" he asked.

"Yes, please, but if you can't it all right. I can deal with it." Theo responded.

"You don't have to deal with it, I want to help you." Aleksei smiled and quickly stole a small kiss from Theo.

He crawled into the small cramped space and started a small fire in his left palm. He looked back at his mate.

Theo crawled in behind him and closed the door, feat taking over him quickly but not to the point of not being able to breathe since there was a light that enabled him to see almost the whole tunnel.

"Are you all right?" Aleksei questioned.

Theo nodded and they started moving forward. After about two minutes of moving they got to a room that was obviously made for situations like these. It had a bed, food and water rations enough for a week, some spare clothes and items like swords and other kinds to weapons.

"Hei, you did amazing. You are brave for being able to do all that." Aleksei said as he gently kissed Theo and lit a fire in the room to ensure light.

"Thank you, but it was really nothing." Theo said, his voice shaking and barely keeping it together.

"Let it out, it was a big something, you got over your fear, that's a lot." Aleksei told him. He gently pulled them to sit on the bed and hugged Theo to comfort him.

The human, who was holding back tears up until then, let them fall and hugged his mate tightly.

Aleksei pulled the blanket over him and kissed the stop of his head.

They stayed in the small room for hours, maybe even a day, until they heared the small door at the end of the tunnel opening, or more corectly Aleksei heared it.