Chapter 58: From the Ashes

July 7th 1995

The day the Order of the Phoenix rose from the ashes.

Crowded around a large oval table in the headmaster's office stood several of the original members of the order, including James and Lily Potter, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Molly and Arthur Weasley, the real Madeye Moody, Kinglsey Shaklebolt, Mundungus Fletcher and stood at the head of it all, Albus Dumbledore himself.

"This order was originally formed over twenty years ago, as many of you very well know being present yourselves." The old wizard began to address the group of his old students and acquaintances. "It is undeniable that you all fought valiantly and many lives were regretfully lost to our cause. They will not be forgotten." He spoke, causing the group to reflect on the dark days of their past and how their future was becoming more and more alike it with each passing day.

"However it is now with my greatest regrets that I hereby call the Order of the Phoenix back to order to combat the return of the dark wizard Voldemort." He announced, as every single person in the room reflected on the initial meeting all of those years ago. How much had changed.

"I have the greatest of faith in all of you that you shall return to fight with me as you did all those years ago." He stated, followed by a chorus of nods and agreements from the room of now adults, being only teenagers the first time they swore themselves to the cause.

"Of course" James said without hesitation, followed by Sirius' agreement.

"Without a shadow of a doubt" The Black nodded surely, standing firmly beside his husband with James and Lily at their side. Just how it had been all of those moons ago.

"Things shall proceed almost exactly as they did before and I am certain I do not need to remind you that the highest utmost secrecy is essential when joining our cause." Dumbledore continued, looking at every face throughout the room from behind his infamous half moon glasses.

"Oh we remember Dumbledore" Remus assured him with a weak halfhearted chuckled, joined by several grunts of agreement from around the table.

"Yes, of course. Now our first step of action is finding a suitable headquarters, somewhere off the radar where no one would suspect. I understand that it may take time to find a suitable location, however any immediate suggestions?" He asked.

At these words, Sirius Black's mind immediately filled with the image of green wallpaper and black marble floors. Almost physically shuddering at the dark memories hidden behind the extravagant decoration.

"Erm, I actually might have the perfect place" he spoke up after only a short moment of hesitation.

"Do continue Mr Black" Dumbledore nodded.

"Well, as the only remaining descendant" his heart twinged slightly at the image of a matching set of grey eyes on a boy slightly younger than himself, "I'm in full possession of my families estate. It's by far big enough and I assure you is impenetrable to those who do not already know how to enter, Orion made that place a bloody fortress" he said with a cold empty laugh at the mention of his late father.

"Right under their noses" Moody grunted in approval.

"Yes, that could work quite well Mr Black, thank you for your offer" Dumbledore nodded, humming slightly in thought.

Most people seemed to approve of the idea, but those in the room who knew Sirius best had other thoughts.

"Are you sure?" Remus asked gently, turning to his husband so that only he could hear, "You haven't been back there since-"