1: it's time

7x01

7x01

There is not such a thing as a perfect family. We don't have perfect parents and we are surely not perfect. We don't get married with the perfect person and we don't have perfect children. We complain about each other. We let each other down. That's why I should know that there is no happy or healthy relationship without forgiveness.

Forgiveness is main for our mental and emotional health. Without it, family becomes conflicts and grievances. Without forgiveness, family gets sick.

Pain is a venom that intoxicates and kills. Keeping a wound in your heart is self destructive. Those who don't forgive get physically, emotionally and spiritually sick. That's why family should be a place of life and not death; a place of heal and not illness; a period of forgiveness and not guilty.

Forgiveness brings joy where pain produced sadness; and heal where pain caused illness.

And that was exactly the reason I moved to Seattle.

To seek for forgiveness and to forgive.

It's hard to think that the thing that made me realize this was my brother getting shot. But better late than never, right?

I sighed as I enter the building. Seattle Grace Mercy West was a long name for a hospital, but I guessed I had to get used to it since it was my new work place.

Dr Webber, who was the interim chief while my brother was on medical leave, hired me and there I was, standing in front of the stairs waiting for my brother to make an entrance as I stood apart from everyone else, not knowing anyone.

-Hey, you new?- I look up to see a pair of green eyes. I nodded and smiled.

-Yeah-  I held my hand in the air- I'm Cora.

-Jackson- he shook my hand- it's weird having new people since the merger and the whole shooting thing it's like we're...

-Cursed?- I joked whit a smile.

-Kind of- he chuckled.

-¡Cora!- Richard called my name- my God you are so big.

-Guess I'm not 10 anymore, Dr Webber- I hugged him.

Richard Webber was my brother's mentor and probably the actual reason I got into surgery. I used to spend hours at his office as a kid learning how to do sutures and about the wonders of medicine.

-And almost 20 years later here you are, a doble certified surgeon- he smiled proudly.

-What?- Jackson frowned confused- you're not a resident?

-Nop- I chuckled at his confusion- I passed my Boards last year. I'm a neuro and ortho attending.

-Wow- he nodded impressed.