32: mother's little helper

9x15

9x15

-Why would your brother call you in the middle of the night?- Jackson frowned dozy as I got up of our bed.

-He says is urgent- I started to get ready.

-There's no way I'm letting you drive alone at this time and that pregnant with this rain. I'll drive you there.

-Okay, but he says it's important that I go alone.

-I'll wait in the car- I nodded and he started to get ready as well.

When I entered Derek and Mer's house, Arizona and Callie were also there.

-What's going on?- they all looked at me.

-Callie wants us to buy the hospital- Arizona said with frustration.

-What?- I frowned- why? how?

-Pegasus it's going to destroy it, Cora. Webber and I saw it with our own eyes when we went to an hospital that company owns. If we run the place...

-Run the place?- I asked still in shock- what the hell? I have no idea of how to do that!

-Besides, what are we talking about, like 100 million, 200 million?- Arizona asked.

-We have more than we're ever gonna be able to spend anyway.

-Nobody knows what it's gonna cost.

We all yelled at each other at the same time.

-Okay, shut up!- I raised my voice- I am 6 month pregnant and I don't need this kind of vibe around me. You woke me up in the middle of the night, made me come all the way here and have my fiancé waiting outside in the car just to yell at each other? I'm leaving!

-Cora, wait- Derek stopped me- we need to know if you'd be in.

-Of course I'm in- I said with obviousness.

-The 5 of us combined is 75 million- he said.

-I had some money before all this- Callie said- I've got about...700 grand I can get to right away- she looked at me- I'm sure that if you ask Avery.

-Wow, wow, wow, let me stop you there- I snorted frowning- I'm not asking him to give me his money. I said I'm in, I don't speak for him.

-Well, we've got Mark's share, too.

-Mark's share?- Arizona frowned in disbelief.

-Yeah, and Lexie's maybe? I know it's rude but...

-I mean, I would have to ask her...Our, our father...-Mer added.

-Don't worry. Excuse me. Yes, this is rude of you- Arizona told her wife and I nodded in agreement.

-There's got to be other way- I added.