44: good fight

10x20

10x20

-Hello- I knocked at Derek's office's door- wow, you don't look good at all.

-I have a lot of work- he sighed looking really tired- I have the NIH on video call, I have surgeries here and also turns out I have to teach residents! Oh, and let's not forget about picking up the kids.

-All of that even after I am the Head of Neuro now?

-Even after all of that!- he exclaimed complaining as a kid.

-I can pick up the kids and give some of your classes.

-Aren't you the sweetest little thing on the planet?- he smiled a little.

-Aren't you supposed to say that to your kids?- I raised my eyebrow- look, Der, it is so cool you can work from your office with the dudes at DC, but you're stressed and overwhelmed. I'm here. I'm your sister, I can help you with anything you need.

-I know that.

-Then ask for help, you moron- I gave him a soft kick on the head.

-Thanks, Cora- he smiled with his eyes sparkling a little- I'm really happy I've got you.

-What would you do without me?- I joked as I left the office.

-Probably die!- I chuckled hearing his answer.

I walked through the hall till I spotted Cristina.

-Hey!- I walked towards her- you nervous? I bought two bottles of good champagne to celebrate when you come back.

-Nice- she nodded- I wanna see some patients before I leave. You want to go drink and help me with my speech?

-Mer bailed on you?

-Yep- I chuckled.

-Sorry, Cristina, I told Derek I was picking up his kids. Actually, I also have to pick up my own- I looked at the time- oh, shit, I'm late for that- I started to run-sorry, good luck!

...

I put the 3 kids to sleep since Derek and Meredith both stayed late at the Grey Sloan and smiled watching them.

-I'm home!- I heard Jackson closing the door.

-Hey, low your voice or you'll wake the 3 lions.

-3?- he frowned getting closer to me- last time I checked we only had one.

-You funny- I said with sarcasm and kissed him- Zozo and Bailey are here until their parents leave work. You know? Derek really looks overwhelmed with all the work.

-And that considering you're the Head of the department now.

-Oh, my God- I smiled and kissed him again- that's exactly what I said. Come on- I held his hand and guide him to the kitchen- I made salmon with veggies.