41: I choose you

10x12

10x12

-Owen told me you're not talking to the presidential initiative guys- I walked with my brother- you stupid?

-Oh, come on- he sighed- not you too.

-Der, it is the dream job- I frowned- why the heck won't you take it? If it is 'cause we're starting phase two on Callie's project...

-It's not that- he interrupted me and exhaled- okay, I'll talk to them. I'll tell you whatever they say to me.

-I wouldn't expect any less from you, brother- I smiled and observed him as he left and I took my Ipad from the nurse station.

-Cora!- I looked up from the screen when I heard April's voice. She looked stressed and had her hair all covered with curlers. Jackson walked next to her and he made signs indicating me to run while I still could.

-Wow- I murmured looking at the red-hair- are you making a run for it? Jackson and I could help you. My car's outside and we could take you to Vegas.

-What?- my husband frowned- did you plan it?

-It's my duty as a bridesmaid- I smiled proud.

-I'm not making a run for it- April snapped- your duty as a bridesmaid is getting your dress made! None of you have it and it has to be equal. The dressmaker is waiting in the attending lounge.

-Okay?- I tried to smiled at her while she was panicking.

-I told you to run- Jackson whispered.

...

I cleared my throat feeling awkward as I stood between Mer and Cristina as we were getting our dresses adjusted to our bodies. They talked about the kid Cristina saved and suddenly they were arguing again.

-You know what, Meredith?- Cristina snapped- go to Hell.

-Okay, girls...- I tried to to stop them.

-I have listened to your crap for weeks now- Cristina continued- and I'm not gonna stand here and take it anymore. You tell me how you can give 100% to your family and 100% to your job. It's categorically impossible...

-Because you keep screwing with my research!- the blonde said mad and I raised my eyebrows.

-Oh, God, Mer! My borrowing your printer had nothing to do with your dead sheep. Did you ever think maybe your research is failing all on its own?

-Right, because I'm a terrible doctor. We've established that.

-I never said that.

-You said that...

-I never said that! But you said I was a terrible person, over and over, because I don't agree with you. Because I'm committed to my work. Because I don't want a baby? When did I become such a monster to you?