34: I've been waiting for you

9x19

9x19

-Baby, your phone is ringing- I said between kisses.

-Let it ring- he grabbed my face and intensified the kiss, but his phone wouldn't stop.

-You're a surgeon, you have to pick it up- he groaned as he turned around to see who was bothering us.

-Gas tanker slammed into an SUV on the I-5. Caused a huge pileup- he read out loud- no telling how many traumas are coming in.

-So, no morning sex for me- I pouted- can I go with you?

-Cora, you're 3 weeks away, I don't think...- he stopped when he saw my puppy face and sighed- fine. But you'll stay in the gallery.

-Yes- I nodded getting up- I'll just watch my hot baby daddy being hot in his scrubs.

-I'm happy we've come to an agreement- he joked with a smirk- now, let's go.

...

I sat in the gallery watching my brother performing a surgery with Brooks and Ross.

-Dr Shepherd- she asked- where did you get "it's a beautiful day to save lives"?- I smiled at the question- is that from a movie?

-No, it's not from a movie- he answered.

-Are you sure? 'Cause sometimes I think I'm making something up, and then I'm watching a detergent commercial, and I realize, that's where I got that from.

-Brooks, you know how sometimes people downplay the difficulty of a task by saying "it's not a brain surgery"? This is a brain surgery.

-Right. Sorry.

-It's something I wouldn't stop saying when I was a kid- I said over the microphone as Derek looked up at the gallery- I read it somewhere and then would say every time he went off to work- Ross let an instrument fell and Brooks caught it quickly- oh, nice reflects, Brooks.

-Yeah, fast hands- my brother agreed.

-No, no- I got up- I called her first- both interns looked at me confused.

-I didn't say anything.

-You complimented her, meaning you'll want her on your service but I complimented her first, so she's my intern now. My trainee.

-Wow, thanks- Brooks said.

-You can't even perform surgery right now, Sunshine- he looked up at me.

-Well, she'll be whenever this- I pointed at my belly- gets out of body. Now, go on- my brother snorted under his mask with a smile as he continued his job.

...

-Hey- Jackson greeted me with a smile as I entered the lounge where he was- how are you two doing?