17: one and only

8x08

8x08

Third person POV

Jackson was avoiding Lexie. It was pretty obvious. The softball day was enough for him to realise two things.

1. Lexie was still in love with Mark.

2. He had strong feelings for Cora.

Watching her being taken home by other man. Even if Harry wasn't his boyfriend. Hearing about the sex she's been having with him. That hit him like a truck.

And then there was Lexie. He had grown fond of her. But when he should actually feel super jealous or mad that Lexie was still in love with her ex, he actually felt kind of relieved since he felt like a total douche for the pasts months since Cora confessed her feelings and he couldn't stop thinking about her.

But, how do you tell your girlfriend that you know she's in love with her ex and that you're in love with her friend? How do you tell the woman that confessed her feelings to you and then you walked away that you love her?

Jackson didn't know. So he did what probably most of us would do: he ignored them both. Even if that meant getting away from Plastics.

Cora, on the other hand, had no idea of what was going on. Actually, she didn't remember much of the game.

-So- Derek said walking next to his sister- I'm looking for patients that had been said no by other doctors and I'm telling them yes. Lexie's in. You in?

-Why do I feel you want to keep me away from ortho?- she raised and eyebrow.

-I don't! But, come on, sunshine, you're the best at Neuro. After me, of course- she hit him in the shoulder- and I'm kinda your boss, so you have to do as I say.

-Callie's my boss, too. And I have a labral repair on a shoulder, today. That's a major surgery. Really cool- Derek rolled his eyes-  but when you find anyone just page me- she then spotted Jackson and started to go his way- bye, Der!

Derek observed his sister run away with a confused look, but ended up leaving since he was used to it.

-Avery!- she called him but he didn't stop until she put herself in front of him- hey, didn't you hear me?

-What?- he played dumb- oh, no. I'm sorry.

-Why did you take your name off of the nerve graft with Sloan? It's a cool surgery and he told me you had prepared it- she frowned.

-Yeah, uh...

-Well, never mind- she smiled interrupting her- you wanna join me in my labral repair? It's this evening.

-Wait are you serious?- he opened his eyes with surprise- that's like the coolest ortho surgery.

-I know!- she exclaimed excited.