13: boulevard of broken dreams

7x21

7x21

Third person POV

Alex was finishing his breakfast when Meredith entered the kitchen.

-Good morning- she said with a smile and he got up ready to leave- you're meeting with Owen this morning, right?

-Yeah- he nodded.

-You're not gonna say anything about me or the trial, right?

Alex's good mood fade away.

-You know, I thought you were gonna say something like, "good luck". But I guess it's every freaking man for himself, huh?- he turned around to leave but then he faced her again- she doesn't deserve this, you know? Cora. She was so exited about this trial. About helping people and now when the truth comes out she's gonna be devastated and she doesn't deserve it. And neither does Derek.

He left leaving Meredith alone to think.

...

Cora entered Zola's room with a big smile.

-How's my favourite patient?- she asked her brother who was holding her and speaking with his wife.

-She's perfect. You wanna hold her?- she nodded and grabbed her carefully.

Meredith stared at her. She knew that if the truth came out Derek would hate her. But still, she felt worst about ir because of Cora. She just met her and to be honest, her bond with her sister-in-law was really strong. It was difficult not to grow fond of her. Meredith knew she was going to hurt her but she hoped that if the truth ever came out she'd be able to forgive her.

-Are you nervous for the interview with the social worker?

-Very- the blonde nodded.

-Oh, come on, Mer. You've got this- she kindly smiled- I can't think of better parents for this little one. I gotta go check on a patient- she gave Zola back to her brother- but page me when you know anything.

She walked away and Mer just felt even worst after Cora tried to cheer her up.

...

Cora was walking through the hallway when she saw Mark with his baby.

-Oh- she melted when she saw her little goddaughter- what are you guys doing here?

-I needed adult contact. Callie just left- I hold here.

-You know, I'm offering right now to babysit any time you need, same goes for Zola. I can't get over their faces, you're just so cute- she talked to Sofia- I'm gonna teach you two guys so many things.

-I think you've got baby fever.

-You think so?- Cora didn't put her eyes away from the baby- my Gosh, I do have baby fever.