35: boys will be boys

9x21

9x21

-Say good morning to mommy, Mark- Jackson whispered when I opened my eyes.

-My boys- I smiled sitting up. I reached out my arms so he could give the baby to me. I smiled at him- hi, baby.

-The nurses fed him over night, but I think he's gonna...-he stopped talking when Mark started to cry- want more food.

I chuckled and prepared myself to breastfeed him.

-This feels weird- I gave Jackson a look.

-Does it hurt?- he frowned.

-No, no- I shook my head and caressed my son's face. I looked at Jackson- you seem stressed.

-We have the CDC here- he exhaled and I raised my eyebrows surprised- there's been 3 post-op infection patients and 2 of them died yesterday. We think Bailey is the source.

-Oh, my God- I opened my mouth- is she okay?

-I don't know, we're not supposed to talk to her about her patients and that stuff but I think the rest of the board wants my head for trying to do the right thing.

-The rest of the board can go kiss my ass- he chuckled and Mark stopped eating so I burped him- that was our first meal with the baby.

-That was our first meal with the baby- he smiled and gave me a kiss- not gonna be the last though. Dr Herman says you can leave today.

-Great, did you call your mom?

-Yes, she's coming to have dinner tonight. She's gonna stay for a few weeks to help us. And, I'm taking a few weeks to to be with the baby and with you- I nodded happily and his pager went off- but now, I've got to go back to the ER.

-All right, I'm gonna change to normal clothes. Put Mark on his stroller, please- he did what I asked and then pecked my lips- have a nice day.

-I'll try to.

...

-Look who's here- I turned around to face Alex and Cristina- you got discharged?

-Yep- I smiled holding Mark's stroller- we're going home, but I wanted to see Jackson first if he's out of the ER...I don't wanna put my 1 day old baby in that place.

-Yeah, you're right- Cristina agreed- try the cafeteria. Oh, one question before you leave, did you poop on the table giving birth?

-No?- I frowned- I don't know, honestly, all I remember is wincing in pain.

-I bet you did poop- she murmured and I chuckled.

-Well, see you later- I smiled.

-See ya- Alex made a face at Mark that was looking right at him- bye, buddy.