9: complicated

7x14

7x14

-So, any idea why Sloan is bribing me with surgeries for figuring out what's wrong with Lexie?- I looked up from the computer to se Jackson staring at me and gave him a half smile.

-They broke up.

-I know that- he nodded- but he thinks something else's going one.

-Well, he still cares about Lexie- I got up to go check on a patient- are you going do it?

-I guess it doesn't hurt to try, right?

-Sure- I faked a smile feeling weird- I gotta go, see you, Avery.

-Bye- he said frowning.

I sighed walking away leaving him all confused at my reaction. I saw Derek down the hallway and he approached me.

-Hey- he saw my mood- who pissed in your cereal this morning?

-No one- I answered and shook my head trying to put the weird feeling aside- has Mer decided if she's abandoning us on the trial?

-Come on, sunshine, don't say it like that. Webber's trial is a huge opportunity.

-You're right- I closed my eyes for a moment and relaxed- I'm sorry, I guess I'm a little stressed. I've been going over the data she collected yesterday and today so far and it's a 100% consistent with the pre-trial phase. So- I sincerely smiled- it's not not-working.

-Yay!- he exclaimed giving me a half hug.

...

7x15

7x15

One thing you learn being a doctor is that you can never underestimate human stupidity. From bachelor parties going crazy to a "calm" night out with your friends.

A human can never be to stupid. Specially when they're drunk. Every choice seems the right one and that's why you end up on the ER with a knife on your head.

-Sr, don't touch it- I yelled as the drunk patient tried to pull it out. I turn to Cristina- okay, Stewart, how much is 14 plus 4?

-18.