3: like a virgin

7x03

7x03

-Morning- I smiled as I entered the attending lounge.

-You know?- Arizona spoke to me- I get why Derek and Mark call you sunshine. You're really shiny even in the mornings. All smiley and happy.

-Kinda makes me sick- Callie joked and she passed me a cup of coffee- you're just like another Arizona.

-Being surgeons is either being happy and all shiny or being depressed.

-See? That's why you're the better Shepherd- she gave me a high five and we both laugh.

I lived near the couple and Mark, so the 3 of us had grown closer during my time here. It felt good to have new friends. And weird.

Growing up, I was always the kid in every class I took since I skipped a lot of grades. It was hard making friends and most of the girl friends I had only approached me so that they could have a better chance with Derek or Mark. It was annoying. But here, people liked me for who I was and they didn't treat me like a child, something I was really thankful for.

...

-Hey- I called Mark- you paged?

-Yeah, I need you to be an ortho goddess for the day- he said- I have this patient with HPV like really developed and even though it's mostly plastics it's better to have you around in case a stupid resident ends up cutting up a finger.

-Sure, there's nothing big on neuro anyways.

-Yeah, about that, maybe you should know that...

-Oh, shoot- I cursed looking at my pager interrupting him- Torres needs a consult, but see you in surgery.

-Yeah- he sighed- sure.

After speaking with Callie about a case I got prepped to scrub in on the HPV case with Mark and Bailey.

-Hey- I went inside the OR and the patient  was already sleeping- so this is messy. We've got a lot of work to do, fellas.

-Don't ever say fellas again- Mark spoke and started to cut the man's horns that made him look like a tree.

-Dr Shepherd how can we tell which is horn and which is finger?-he stared straight to my eyes.

-Well- I looked away trying to focus- if there's no bleeding, it's horn.

-Sometimes the job is very simple, Dr Avery- Bailey stated as she cut a piece and passed it to Lexie who looked disgusted.

-I can do that if you want- Jackson said.

-She's fine- Bailey interrupted him and look at her- right, Dr Grey?

I started to cut as well.

-So...- Mark spoke up and stared at me. I raised my eyebrows.