18: like i'm gonna lose you

8x09

8x09

I entered the hospital with Jackson when Meredith came to me. The smile I carried fade away when I saw my brother's face.

-Mer?

-We're not getting her back- she told me with her voice shaking- Janet called, she...

I cut her off with a hug. My heart felt heavy watching my friend like this. I gave Jackson a look that asked for him to leave us alone and he got it so he left.

-Come on- I rubbed her back- come on, let's get you somewhere. I have an easy day.

We were walking and Arizona passed through us speaking with Alex.

-Grey- the blonde called her- ride with Karev. He's on a baby run.

-I've got to talk to Derek.

-Well, newborn life hanging in the balance. Make it fast.

-I can go- I offered and smiled at Meredith as she gave me a thankful look- Grey can take care of my surgeries, they're all easy procedures. I'll go with Karev.

-But it's not Neuro or Ortho- I gave him a look- okay, I'll shut up.

I nodded and walked with them. I got ready to get in the ambulance and before I could get in Jackson called me.

-Hey, you good?- he asked referring to what Meredith said before.

-Yeah, I'm going with Karev so Mer can talk to Derek- I sighed- it's so unfair.

-I know- he hugged me and kissed my forehead- be careful out there.

-Always am- I smiled and pecked his lips before getting in.

-What was that?- Alex looked at me all confused.

-Yeah, we're...we're kinda together?- I frowned- I mean, we're taking it slow.

-He left Lexie for you?

-You made it sound like we're awful people.

-No, no- he said quickly and then smirked- honestly, everyone knew you were going to end up together. Yang owes me a lot of money.

-You bet about us getting together?- I exclaimed.

-No, we knew it was happening we bet about when it was going to happen- he clarified- I said it was happening before the Boards and voilà.

I chuckled shaking my head.

...

When we picked the baby she was worst than we imagined  so we had to call Arizona. We were in the middle of nowhere since it was raining a lot and the ambulance broke down. The paramedic told us we had to get out of the rig.

-It's pouring rain and freezing- I said- we can't go out there with the baby.

-There's no shoulder. It's not like we can just take the incubator out. I mean, there's not even anywhere to stand.