30: bad guy

9x11

9x11

-Did Richard accept the cookies?- I approached Jackson.

-No- he sighed.

-You've got to understand him, baby- I caressed his face- his wife died a month ago.

-I know- he nodded- are you ready for the ultrasound?

-Yes- I smiled widely- you think is a boy or a girl?

-Um, I don't know- he raised his eyebrows- whatever it is, little person kicks like a soccer player.

-Tell me about it- I rolled my eyes- we've got James' surgery today, I'll...- I shut up when my phone started to ring- oh, it's the lawyer, they need us at the court house.

-You want me to go with you?- he asked with worry.

-No, I'll drive with Der and Mer- I pecked his lips- wish me luck.

...

15 million dollars.

We won 15 million dollars. Each.

And Callie wanted us to "celebrate".

-This is a momentous event- she said with a smile as we started to leave- shouldn't we do something, like celebrate or...

-Celebrate?- I raised an eyebrow- Callie, you may not understand that 'cause you weren't out in the wood. But this- I gestured at the rest of us- this is not a celebration. Yes, we won. We won because Lexie died. Because Mark died. Because Arizona lost her leg. So no, I'm sorry if I'm not in the mood for celebration, but I'll pass.

-Sunshine...- Derek said entering the car.

-No, Derek- I stopped him- I don't want to talk about it. I just want to go back to the hospital- Mer and Cristina got in the car as well- We'll know the baby's sex today.

-It's a girl- Cristina and Mer said at the same time.

-How can you be so sure?- I frowned.

-We just know- the said again at the same time.

-Creepy- Derek murmured and I laughed- I want it to be a boy. I'd love to have another nephew.

...

-Hey, Jackson, you want to change James surgical plan?- I approached him and he sighed- he's my patient too. You should have told me about it. It's a much riskier procedure and I think you should stick with Mark's plan.

-Cora...

-Mark knew James, Jackson- I interrupted him- and you're just...

-I'm just what?- he frowned and I could tell he was pissed- I'm doing the procedure Sloan's way.

-Oh, great- I smiled a little- sorry.

-Sure- he sighed annoyed.

-I really am, though- I apologised again- it's been a crazy morning. They're giving as 15 million dollars and...