6: S.O.S

7x08

7x08

I sat next to Mark as we listened to Teddy talking about a case in the conference room.

-And why did Dr Yang opt to use the intra-aortic ballon pump over an RVAD?- an attending asked and I rolled my eyes bored.

-I...I can't answer for Dr Yang.

-And why isn't she here?

-She quit- Teddy said and I suddenly opened my eyes with surprise and gasped- she left the program.

-What the...

-I'm sorry, what?- Mark asked-she what?- Teddy tried to continue with the case but he didn't let her and he stood up- go back. Go back. Yang quit the program?

-Can you please sit down?- I whispered between my tooth watching everyone looking right at us.

-Where have you been?- Derek asked surprised he didn't know.

-Well, I didn't know either- I stated.

-Hunt, what the hell happened?

-Mark, stop it, let Teddy continue- I pull down his arm but he was stronger than me.

-She told the Chief she quit.

-Richard- he called out loud and I closed my eyes and sighed. Derek chuckled looking at how embarrassed I was.

Webber left because of a phone call.

-Sit your ass down!- I whispered again a little more loud and he listened.

-I have a question- my brother said- can you tell us about your decision to put Dr Yang in charge of this patient?

-Sorry?- Teddy looked at him.

-But she didn't "quit" quit, right?- Mark said again and I huffed with annoyance as he turned around to see Meredith- Grey, you're joined at the hip, what'd she say?

-She hasn't spoken to me about it- I frowned confused- stop looking at me. Look up there.

-Does Torres know anything about this?- he looked back at me and I shrugged- c'mon you two are leaving together now, you have to know- I gave him a deadly look- I'm calling Torres.

Derek asked again his question and they started to argue a little and then we were free to go.

I spotted Lexie with April and Jackson at a nurse station.

-Dr Grey!- I called her- you're with me today- she smiled and nodded- we're taking Dr Torres's cases till she comes back, but it's an easy day.

-Can I go with you?- Jackson begged.

-You look needy- I mocked- no one wants you?

-Apparently not.

-You were with me last week, Avery, you need to try new specialties. Have you tried Bailey?