39: when I kissed the teacher

10x05

10x05

-Cora, can you please leave the baby?- Jackson asked me with frustration- you have a surgery with Robbins and I'm sure you can't do it if you're in daycare!

-I can't leave my baby here- I frowned and shook my head- no.

-Baby, you promised me after we left him with my mom for our honeymoon that it would be the last time.

-I know- I exhaled caressing Mark's face- but he's been with us all this time. I can't just leave him here.

-Cora...- he sighed and I rolled my eyes.

-Okay, fine, take him- just as Jackson took our son he started to cry and my heart broke. I started to cry watching Jackson giving Mark to the woman there- I feel terrible.

-I know- he approached me and hugged me- it breaks my heart too, but we both knew this had to happen. Come on, it's your first big surgery. After that, we can come and check on him.

-Promise?- I held my pinkie up in the air.

-Promise- he took my pinkie with his.

...

-Dr Robbins discovered the spinal AVM- I spoke in the OR- when the patient was 12. It has since grown. We are going to use a far lateral retroperitoneal.

Murphy came in and started to speak with Arizona and my friend started to get all nervous making the intern leave. I frowned.

...

-Arizona!- I called her after surgery and she stopped and smiled at me- great job there.

-Thanks!- she said with the same enthusiasm as always but I could tell there was something wrong.

-Is everything okay?

-Apart from the stares?- she asked sarcastically and then exhaled- I'm sorry, I just...

-It's okay- I smiled- just know that I'm still here. I know Callie's a real close friend, but you're my friend too and if there's something I can do it's empathize with you.

-How's that?

-Mark was my best friend and he had sex with my brother's wife- I let out and chuckled- look, we all make mistakes and what you did was really wrong, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna turn my back on you.

-Thanks, sunshine- she hugged me taking me by surprise- that really means a lot.

-Any time- I smiled- now, I'm gonna go see my baby.

...

When I got to daycare Jackson was already there. I smiled at my two boys.

-Look who can't live without baby love now- I told Jackson as Mark extended his arms at me so that I'd pick him. I grabbed him and kissed his little cheeks- hi, my little dude. You missed momma?