23: plane

8x23

8x23

Sometimes, you meet people who help you love yourself. They guide you away from destroying your self-worth and teach you how to value all the qualities tat separate you from everyone else. These people hold your hand and help you see yourself through their eyes. They point out everything you've been overlooking or diminishing about yourself. Very few people do this. And if you have someone in your life that does this for you, who encourages you to treat yourself better, make sure you never make the mistake of letting go of them.

Jackson was this person to me.

And the idea of him moving to Louisiana freaked me out. But if he was happy, I couldn't just take that away for him.

-I don't even know what I'm doing here- I told Jackson looking at Mer and Cristina dancing at the party- I'm an attending!

-'Cause you're my girlfriend- he smiled and pecked my lips- you want a refill?

-Yes, please- I gave him my cup and he went away.

-Kepner's wasted- Alex said next to me- that's a first.

I looked at the girl who was screaming and dancing like there was no tomorrow.

-Oh, boy, she's all about firsts.

...

-Hopkins wants me, sunshine!- Alex exclaimed approaching me in the nurse station.

-You serious?- I opened my eyes with surprise and he nodded excited- congrats! I am so proud of you, Karev- I hugged him and he hugged me back tightly- okay, I can't breath.

-Sorry, sorry- he let me go- Hopkins!

I watched him walk celebrating with a huge smile on my face.

But then it fade away when he turned the corner.

Alex was leaving too.

-Hey, you okay?- Lexie asked me.

-Yeah, yeah- I nodded and looked at her. She looked like she wanted to tell me something- are you okay?

-I told Mark that I love him.

-What- I opened my eyes surprised- what did he say?

-"Thank you for your candor".

-You're kidding, right?- I facepalmed myself.

-I think he doesn't feel the same way.

-He does- I assured- but he doesn't know it.

-And you do?- she raised her eyebrows.

-I'm his best friend, Lex. We grew up together. It's my duty to know the things he doesn't about himself- I smiled- and I assure you he's in love with you. He just has to let what you said sink in. Give him time.