43: money, money, money

10x18

10x18

-We're late, again- I walked fast to the elevator with Jackson on my back- thanks to you!

-It's not my fault your son didn't feel like wearing shoes today!

-So he's my son when he's grumpy?- I smiled as I pressed the button and the doors closed- he got that from you, you know?

-I'm not grumpy- he frowned and I grabbed my arms around his waist.

-You are- I kissed him- but I still love you.

-I love you too- he murmured and kissed me again.

-Okay- I pulled away as the doors opened- be careful, Owen said there's a virus and I don't want you to get sick.

-I never get sick- he smirked and I raised an eyebrow.

-We'll see about that.

...

After finishing my surgery, I went to the nurse station to check my Ipad.

-Hey- I smiled at Miranda and April and they smiled back and then  stared at a patient's room- is it your patient?

-It's mine- April answered.

-Well- Jackson got out of the room looking awful- it's a Pott's puffy tumor. He should get to surgery right away, get it drained...

-You look miserable- I frowned looking at him- you got the virus, didn't you?- I put my hand on his forehead but he grabbed it and put it down and then leant on the counter still holding my hand.

-Yeah, you did-April and Miranda agreed with me.

-It's nothing. My stomach's a little screwy. I'm fine. Gonna go book an OR, though.

-No, you're not. The best thing you can do for that kid is to be nowhere near him. Or our kid. I'm sure Bailey or April will drain the tumor. Go home and try not to touch anything Mark could touch.

-I'm fine, okay?- he put his cheek on the counter- I can take care of myself- I raised my eyebrows- maybe I should.

-Yeah- I caressed his head- I'll try to leave early so I can make you some soup. Maybe the best is for Mark to stay with my brother for tonight? I don't want him to get sick- he murmured a yes- and you should put some fluffy socks. An have a good shower...

-Cora! I know how to be sick- he got up with an horrible face- I'm not even sick.

-Sure, sweetie.

...

-Hey, Mer- I approached my sister in law- can I ask for a favor?

-Sure.

-Can Mark stay with you guys tonight? Jackson got the virus and I don't want the baby to get it.