29: all I want for Christmas is you

9x08

9x08

Since Derek couldn't do any surgeries, I had taken all of his Neuro cases, so she was quite busy all the time. Also, we were going crazy about Derek's surgery. We needed to find cadaver nerves, but they weren't long enough.

-I still think it's a better idea that I donate my nerve to you- I told Derek as we were eating lunch- by the way, patient with the brain tumor? Mr Hanks?- he nodded- I operated on him and he's out of the woods.

-Great and no, there's no way I'm getting your nerve. You're pregnant and I'm not putting you on a surgery now.

-But it's available and live donor nerve is much better, you know that! Call our sisters.

-I said no- he frowned when he's phone started to ring- damn it- he got up and left.

-Screw him- I murmured.

-Screw whom?- Jackson asked sitting down next to me.

-Derek, I can't convince him to get a live donor nerve.

-Babe, if it's what he wants...have you told him about the wedding yet?

-No- I sighed- I've been really busy this week.

-I know- he pecked my lips- don't you have another surgery in ten minutes?

-Shit- I got up and started to ran.

...

Jackson, Callie and I gathered all the interns to choose which one was scrubbing in on Derek's surgery.

-This is it, people- I spoke up- your chance to scrub in on one of the coolest, most innovative surgeries you will ever see.

-Was that a yawn?- Callie looked at Brooks- Avery, Shepherd, did you see a yawn?

-Brooks- my fiancé said- you're out. If you can't handle one overnight shift, you can't handle this surgery. Look alive, people- I tried to hide my smile.

-Now, the rest of you will each get a chance to examine our patient before we move on to the skills lab portion of the contest- I looked at Jackson- Dr Avery, will you bring our patient?

-Dr Torres and I will be performing a nerve transplant on Dr Shepherd's injured hand. We need an intern we can trust.

-The other Dr Shepherd doesn't scrub in?- I frowned at Wilson's question.

-You're a doctor, Wilson, I'm pretty sure you know it's not recommended that family operates on family- I gave her a serious look and she just looked down. I loved to scare interns.- come on, you're up.

-I'm not gonna bite you, Wilson- Derek joked and she chuckled nervously.

-And you're done- I said when Derek made a grimace- Edwards.