33: boss

9x17

9x17

I drank my coffee as I went through some papers in the conference room where me and the rest of the Board were waiting for Jackson.

-Jackson Avery really has a bigger say than any of us in running this hospital?- Arizona asked and I rolled my eyes annoyed.

Ever since Catherine met us, they've been complaining about it. In front of me. His fiancé and the mother of his unborn son.

It was totally disrespectful.

But I hadn't said anything because I could understand that this change was way to much for us to adapt over night. Anyways, I was having enough.

-That can't be true. Can it?- Cristina added.

-Well, he's a voting member of the management team- my brother talked- and he also represents the Harper Avery Foundation.

-And their 175 million bucks- Callie complained.

-As opposed to our 15 million apiece.

-I don't get it- I frowned- weren't you the one who wanted me to ask Jackson for help? Oh- I opened my eyes faking surprise- I get it now! You wanted his money but not him to become a part of this, right?- I squinted my eyes pissed and no one said anything.

-According to Stan, not only does he have the deciding vote, he can veto ours.

-That is ridiculous- Cristina sat down- he's a fellow.

-So are you- Mer pointed.

-But he's a plastics fellow. And I'm me- I snorted in disbelief.

-Well, let's not overreact. I mean, it's Jackson, he's not some corporate stranger. He's one of us- I gave my sister-in-law a thankful look.

-No, you're right- Derek agreed- he's a smart kid. He's gonna follow our lead.

-No, no- Callie complained again- we made this plan. We pulled it together. Look, I'm grateful to Harper Avery for an infusion of cash, but I'm not gonna let, some...

-Plastic fellow?

-Plastic fellow tell me how to run my service.

-Okay, enough!- I got up- I've been hearing you guys complain about my fiancé for days! It's totally disrespectful of you and I'm really pissed. Just shut the hell up and suck it up 'cause if it wasn't for the Avery's we wouldn't even have a job, okay? Just shut up and show some respect if you still have some of it 'cause he didn't even ask for this!

They looked down and seconds later Jackson came in.

-I'm sorry. I was running on time, and then my last rounds' patient turned into a crier- he put some donuts on the table and I took 2 happy to eat again but no one else took any.