8: baby

7x12

7x12

If there was something I learnt from Arizona's and Callie's break up was that a person could love someone so much and still turn around and leave you. I stood next to Callie at the bathroom and cleaned her tears.

Human beings are such knotted, desperate pieces of work, it's a rare thing to know one completely, to the core, and still love them. But Callie still loved Arizona and Arizona still loved Callie. It broke my heart to see them giving the love they had for each other up.

-It's okay, I'm here- I whispered.

-Girls!- Mark shouted from the door- come on! let's go!

We left Mark's apartment to see Arizona getting boxes inside the apartment next door.

-What the hell?- Callie said.

-Good morning! I bought out our subletters- I gave Mark and awkward look as we listened to Arizona- I'm moving back in. Hooray!

-They weren't your subletters, they were my subletters.

-Well, now I'm your subletter- the blonde didn't lose the smile- hooray?

Callie gasped in disbelief and took a step closer to her.

-My lack of interest in seeing you is not a strategy- I raised my eyebrows at her harsh words- I'm not playing hard to get. I don't want to see you because I turned my life upside down for you, and you walked away because for a week, I was cranky. You're untrustworthy, so I don't want to see you. You're self-centered, so I don't want to see you. I am 100% certain that if I let you back into my life again, you will hurt me again. So I don't want to see you. This isn't a ploy. I'm not pouting. I don't want you in my life! Get your crap out of my apartment.

She walked away with Mark and I just stood there looking at her witch shock and pity.

-You messed up but if you want you can have the waffle iron back?- I said trying to cheer her up.

-It's good that she's mad. It means she care, right?

I gave her a look and then left.

...

I spent the whole morning between surgeries and was starving. I entered the cafeteria and got some food.

I looked around but there where no attendings so I went to sit with my residents friends when I saw Alex surrounded by a bunch of first year med students.

-Unprofessional- I whispered looking at a girl that was bending over the table and showing her thong.

I sat at the table and sighed.

-What's up?- Cristina looked at me.

-I clipped two aneurysms today and fixed the broken leg of a kid and it's only lunch time.