25: memories

9x02

9x02

Third person POV

Memories are a tricky thing. Sometimes, they help us cope with our pain. But other times, they hunt us in our sleep. They remind us the worst pain inside ourselves.

But, which pain is worse? the shock of what happened to you or the ache for what never will happen?

Cora woke up surrounded by doctors.

-Where's Derek? Mark? Arizona? I need to see them. They're hurt- she panicked trying to get our of bed as the doctors put her back. She wrestled- let me go! Where's everyone?!

-You're safe here- one of them said.

-Let me go!- she yelled.

Cora stopped wrestling when she saw Jackson in the door. He was short of breath. Normal considering he took a plane in the middle of the night with Webber and Bailey as he finally got news of the whereabouts of his girlfriend and friends.

He was shocked when he saw her. Jackson spent 4 days wondering where she was.

When the hospital at Boise called Seattle Grace to informed that the group of doctors they sent never arrived, Jackson thought the worst.

For days, he cried and waited. Like a torture. Waiting for the call he never got.

-Jackson?- she calmed down.

-I'm here, baby- he approached the bed and held her hand. He leant down to kiss her forehead covered with dry blood. But he didn't care. She was fine- I'm here.

...

Cora spent the next days hospitalized, but she was fine. She saw the rest and it calmed her to know they were still alive. They were sending them back to Seattle.

She tried to sleep, but every time she closed her eyes, she was back there in the woods. She got out of bed willing to leave the room taking her IV fluids connected to her arm with her. Before she left, she looked at Jackson, who was sleeping in the sofa next to her bed. When she made sure he was fully sleep, she left to go to Meredith's room.

-Mer- she called her sister-in-law- I can't sleep.

-Me neither, let's go see Cristina.

When they got to their friend's room, both of them laid down on her bed. Cristina was in a PTSD shock. She was awake, but she didn't move of speak.

-They're taking us home tomorrow on a plane- the blonde started with tears in her eyes- and I said no planes, but we don't have a choice, because of Mark and Arizona, so...

-I told Jackson to make sure they sedate us- Cora spoke holding Cristina's hand.

-And we'll never now what happened- Mer whispered.