24: brother

9x01

9x01

When you come from a family of doctors, it's strange to have faith in God because you're used to put your faith in science. I had always believed there was a God. There was good and there was wrong. And when we die, we're never really gone.

But what happens when we lose faith?

When grief is so big we question everything we thought was true?

Grief.

The uncontrollable aftermath of loss and death. The thief of joy. A heavy weight on the chest. The master of showing up at the wrong place, wrong time.

A mountain so big it's impossible to climb.

A wound to the heart. A scar that never heals. A prayer you want to say but your knees refuse to kneel before a God that took something from you.

A test of faith.

A doubt of trust.

A question of purpose.

A heart that's crushed.

The darkest place in the world. Grief is death's best friend. A never-ending marathon with no finish line at the end. The companion of exhaustion and sleepless nights. A walk down a long, airless tunnel with no light.

A crowded mind of never-ending thoughts.

A constant reminder of what could be and what's not.

A powerful spiral loss of control. A permanent heartache that forever lingers in the soul. The bandit of normality and anything it may resemble. The broken pieces of a heart that you can't assemble.

A misunderstanding and a book of unanswered questions. A list of condolences from strangers, all with meaningful intentions.

A wedge between the ones that understand and the ones that don't. The memories and pictures are the only thing that help you cope.

A roller coaster that takes you into the depths of hell and back. A wire wrapped around your heart and chest, that tightens when it attacks.

A loss in time that can't be returned. The call you can't make but you'll forever yearn.

A wish for a nightmare to replace this truth.

A question for God:

Why has He done this to you?

-Cora- I turned around to see Jackson- Dr Webber wanted me to tell you they're all set for tonight- I looked back at the computer on the nurse station and nodded, not wanting to think about it- Cora, if you...

-I'm fine- I faked a smile that he didn't bought- everything is going to be alright- he stared at me with a worried look- please, Jackson, stop staring. I'll see you tonight.