2. Cigarettes & Calculus

I yawned while clutching onto both of my bags that I regularly used for school and work.

As I sat quietly at the bus stop, my mind couldn't help but fill up with thoughts about the boy I saw earlier; thoughts about how we looked the same age, but differed so greatly in both quality and poise. Judging from how he looked at me I could tell he probably thought the same. He probably thought I was just another naive hotel staff trying to survive through all the mess.

To put it quite simply, the mess that is my life has always been quite-well, messy. I lost my dad to an accident that happened at his work when I was only six years old. I never fully had the chance to come into terms with that as I had to deal with my mom falling ill due to a rare heart condition several years later.

The disease is called hjerteria nervista.

My mom's heart isn't like the regular heart that everyone has. Our own heart can maintain itself and is quite resilient but hers need to constantly beat at a specific pace or else it will become too slow and literally just stop. Once it stops, it would obviously be too late to try and get it pumping again. My mom unfortunately realized that she had this condition way too late in her life, rendering her heart so weak to the point of not being able to develop precautions. She mainly depends on very special medication now. It keeps her heart beating at a specific pace and it's being solely paid off by the last of her savings as well as my checks pitching in without her knowing.

I've also been helping out with the other expenses that were dealt both physically and financially.

My thoughts eventually shifted once they started to negatively affect my mood, finally bringing my attention up at the empty street. I hated having to always wait hours at this bus stop just for a ride home.

The silence was excruciatingly boring, leaving me alone with my thoughts-thoughts of that boy.

I closed my eyes as images of his angelic features and devilish tattoos cohesively went together to mess with my head.

Why the hell can't I stop thinking about him!?

I'm probably just hungry or tired or maybe even horny, I don't know.

Maybe all of the above?

Hungtirorny.

I quietly chuckled like a lunatic to myself as it eventually gets cut off by a loud honk that made me tense back up on the bench. "What the-"

"Hey bitch!" The ever fluffy brown hair that my best friend was gifted with flipped back as she waved at me. "I had a feeling you were still here." She smiled, almost instantaneously making me return it with joy.

"Tori?" I gawked at her in shock.

My drowsiness seemed to have disappeared at seeing my best friend's face. "Duh, who else?" She raised her hands up and laughed.

"You finally got your driver's license!?" I cheered, my mouth dropping at her. "When? How did you do it?"

She began to pose, making me quietly laugh. "Well the pressure was real because it was my last try and my parents were practically on my ass about it so I stayed up all night watching videos online and ended up passing the test running only on nicotine and caffeine, now get in loser!" I began to make my way towards her as my eyes hastily shifted to look at her and at her car. "Okay damn, I know I'm a pothead but you don't have to be that shocked about me being able to drive."

"No, I'm just proud of you! I know how hard you've been studying." I responded, throwing myself onto the front passenger's seat. Her hands ran through her thick wavy locks as she honked once again in excitement. "That is so loud!" I laughed.