25. Issues & Ice

Elio dropped me off at work later that day as I watched the weather transition from a searing sunset and into a bleak darkness. It was obvious it was going to rain and I'm glad I made it to work before it did.

"Shiloh!" My manager's voice aggressively spoke out the minute I walked into the hotel. "Come over here."

"Y-yes sir?" I quickly did as he said as his tone made me nervous.

"Mr. Cazakashi wanted me to give you this envelope." I bit my lip as I looked down. "He has decided that you will no longer be working with us anymore." My mouth fell as I was hesitant in taking the bulky envelope from him.

His words sent me into a crippling and sudden derealization. "M-Mr. Cazakashi?" My voice broke as my mind spiraled into a million thoughts.

"Castiel himself, yes." He affirmed as taking the envelope felt extremely wrong and hurtful.

I felt ripped apart.

This can't be happening.

"I-I don't understand, does this mean I'm fired?" I asked as he winced at me.

"Shiloh for god's sake, read between the lines! Yes you're fired! You're outta here!" Lionel exclaimed, causing me to look down in shame and disbelief.

"But Lionel-" I took a moment to breathe. "How could-did they-I can't lose this job! What did I do wrong? Did he say why?"

"Nope." He popped the p in his word as he proceeded to turn back around. "Now collect your things from the locker, remember to turn in your locker key and your uniform afterwards." Lionel disappeared into his office as I felt like losing my mind.

Why would Castiel fire me? I haven't done anything! Was it because he grew tired of me? Is it because of Luka!? Did he find out I was Desiree!?

I have poured my blood, sweat, and tears into this job, only for me to get fired like nothing!?

You know what!?

Fuck that!

I'm tired of people stepping on me!

My fists clenched as I buried the mysteriously full envelope into my pocket, rushing my way towards the elevator with only one intention in mind.

I was going to confront Castiel.

I carefully laid back against the railing, looking up with a sigh as I zoomed pass each floor. I had to shake off my incoming nerves with every second I had left.

The second I reached the tall suite doors, I began to hear distant roars and screams coming from the other side which caused my initial mood of storming in to die down.

What's going on?

I kept silent as I entered the suite, exposing myself to all of the unexpected chaos I hadn't fully prepared myself for.

My mouth widened at Castiel's terrifying fury, trailing my attention down at the marble floor and observed how it had become such an absolute mess. There were countless bottles of alcohol shattered on the floor, while I had to walk over dampened sheets of paper and various other broken objects and furniture. Tables were overturned, the remnants of frames and portraits were slashed and scattered all around. The couch looked like it had been through a war, with cushions strewn about and claw marks scratched into the fabric.

What the hell is happening?

"I didn't ask to get moved into this bullshit fucking place!" Castiel was in absolute anguish as I rapidly flinched away at a chair being thrown across the room.