49. Auctions & Arrangements

The elevator opened up to the familiar hallway of the Valiant suite. Regardless if it was at night time or broad daylight the vast view of the city never fails to shock me from up here.

"Hello?" I call out. "Hello, Castiel?" I repeated my greeting with an increased volume as I guided myself further into the suite.

Upon venturing further down the hallway, my chest tightens the second I see a familiar figure sitting right in the middle of the living room with a cigar at hand.

Oh god.

The sight of a familiarly well-kept old man had a striking glimmer in his eyes. His glossy lips puffed down onto a cigar as I observed his hair that was faded on the sides with a shade of milky-white. It complimented the sleeked back hair on top that was pure raven, a strand of it perfectly cutting over his naturally fierce gaze.

"Not quite." Castiel's father answers, making me quickly turn around to leave. "Wait." He calls out for me with a slight rasp in his voice.

I closed my eyes shut as I took a deep breath to calm myself down. "Please sir, I-I don't want any problems." I looked down at my feet as my whole entire body stood frozen.

The sound of his footsteps approached me, ending just right behind my back. "I don't either." His father whispers closely behind me. "Castiel told me you'd be coming."

I finally turn around to see that we stood only a few inches away from each other now. "Where is he?" I looked up at him as the resemblance between him and his son was uncanny, following almost every detail except for Castiel's deep blue eyes.

"In his room getting dressed for the auction." He inhales into his cigar before glancing down at me from head to toe with a condescending tone. "Is that what your wearing?"

"I-I couldn't really find anything else much nicer to wear, sir."

"Well it'll have to do, I suppose." He sighs as if he was expecting my answer. "You said you used to work here?"

"Yes sir." I nod. "I was a bellboy here at the suite."

He takes a moment to carefully observe my face. "You we're the one who organized the wine cellar." He states out of realization.

"Yes sir." I nod once more.

"So is that how you met my son?" He asks with a tilted head. "Working here as a bell boy?"

"That and having the same english class with him, sir."

"Kazan." He corrects. "You may call me Kazan."

"K-Kazan." I let his name out as if the tone I said it in was something he particularly liked.

His mouth twitched as he looked down at my hand that contained his wife's heirloom, taking it towards him without permission just to place a soft gentle kiss on it. "Take care of my son, Shiloh."

"I-" I fought past all the air escaping out of my lungs to respond. "I will sir."

The sound of a door closing in the distance immediately demanded both of our attention. "You're here." Castiel takes a moment to look at me in wondrous curiosity and excitement that easily transmitted onto me.

He looked undoubtedly handsome as always, absolutely dashing in a suit and tie as the fabrics seemed to be perfectly tailored to his tall, athletic build. His plush clear porcelain heightened the sudden warmth his blue dilating glaciers had on me.

"I'm here." I nervously chuckled as I watched the boy I had hopelessly fallen for approach me.

"Lucy will meet us at the auction while the two of you will arrive with me." Kazan attempted to throw us a smile as I appreciated him trying at least. "I already know the other guests will be surprised to see the both of you arrive hand in hand but dare I say you both look quite marvelous together." He turns to his son with a nod. "I'm glad to have you as my son."