46. Breakups & Bruises

I decided to skip cheerleading practice to go cloud watching with Elio and Tori after school. We planned on getting high while watching the sunset and I was somewhat surprised at myself for being so down without even a slight reluctance.

I have never gotten high before so I hope it doesn't make me feel anxious or paranoid or something. If it does, that would genuinely suck. That would suck a lot.

"Are you sure you don't have to go to cheerleading practice?" Tori asks while flicking her lighter.

"Yea, I'm sure." I do a slow shrug. "Even if I had to I wouldn't. It would just be so awkward with Alexis being there."

"Who's Alexis?" Elio glances at either of us to answer.

"Luka's girlfriend." Tori responds as she finally gets the lighter to work. "Well technically ex-girlfriend but I don't know, to soon?"

Elio waves his hands. "I don't know anyth-"

"Wait what!?" My mouth fell directly at her in shock. "How did you find out?"

"I just heard people whisper about it in one of my classes." She sighs before inhaling. "I thought it was a rumor at first but she hasn't come over to the house since the party so if they did break up it makes sense."

My face ultimately faltered at the news. "That's horrible."

"Why do you look so sad about it?" She questions while handing me the joint.

"Because I actually got to know Alexis. She told me how hopeful she really was about her relationship with Luka and now-I just-I just wish I could've known so I can be there for her. She deserves so much better." I finally take a hit which causes me to become lost in a coughing fit.

"Aw." Elio tilts his head at me with a kind glint in his eyes. "Are you okay?" He asks while skimming a hand to comfort me on my back.

"Yea, I think so." I cough one last time before eventually passing it off to him. "Damn that's kinda strong." I announce as I began to feel an impending weight set over my eyes.

"You also took a big ass hit, so you know." Tori laughs as Elio followed after with his own coughing fit.

"Yea but I like it though." I smiled to myself.

"Aw look at you." She lightly nudges me against the shoulder. "If you like it we can do this more often. Winter break is coming so we'll have more time to hang out."

"Are you guys doing anything exciting over break?" Elio deeply inhales as I unconsciously rested my head against his shoulder.

"Not really." I began to feel myself succumb to a euphoric sense of lethargy. "Im just glad I'll be able to stay home and let all this drama die down."

"Well for me personally I'm just looking forward to more stuff like this, like us hanging out more." Tori smiles. "I'd hate to be stuck at home with my family."

"Oh yea, huh." I nod out of realization. "How has it been with having to live with Luka? Is it scary?"

Tori snorts at me. "Me? Scared of Luka? Never that." She inhales and let's out a large cloud of smoke before continuing to speak. "It's just been super annoying because he keeps slamming doors and cabinets, like fucking chill."

"Is it because of the breakup?"

"That and also for getting pulled out of the football team."

Elio and I simultaneously dropped our mouths at that. "He what!?" I exclaimed. "Why are you only telling us this now?"

"Because I honestly didn't give a shit." She mischievously giggles while handing me the joint. "But yea I saw him and Castiel at the principal's office. I was clearing my absences because of work and they look pissed-um-well I take that back, only Luka looked pissed Castiel was just sad.