5. Moods & Monologues

"What do you mean you couldn't take it!?" Tori's jaw remained dropped as her voice echoed through the classroom, even causing Mr. Jules to look down at us through his glasses.

"A hundred dollars for tea is one thing Tori, but six hundred? That's just unnecessary." I quickly shook my head, my voice coming out low as students began to fill up the classroom.

"You wanna know what's unnecessary? My best friend going through absolute hell because he's too nice. You should've taken that money Shiloh." She tried to hide her visible frustration.

"It's fine, Tori. It really is." My response makes her roll her eyes back as she lightly chewed onto her pencil. "I got a hundred and that's enough to loosen my stress up just a little bit. I can finally focus more on studying instead of getting so distracted with bills and what not."

"Okay class!" Mr. Jules let out shortly after the school bell rang, my eyes unconsciously glancing over to Castiel who was already at his seat, taking his matte black headphones off as I looked away before he could ever look back.

God I seriously need to stop being a creep.

I quickly felt a light tug being made on my t-shirt, causing me to look back at Tori. "Psst. Pssst."

"What?" I mouthed out as I rapidly cringed at what she was doing.

She pointed at me and Castiel and then proceeded to shake and twist both of her fists towards her tongue, which was inappropriately stuck out.

No she did not!? She's so gross!

"Mind sharing your notes to the class on how the color blue affects human psyche, Tori?" Mr. Jules spoke out unimpressed, her eyes glancing up at him as her tongue and fist remained stuck in a humiliating pose.

Knowing Tori she obviously didn't give a shit.

She eventually dropped her fists and snaked her tongue back in. "Um, well." She awkwardly started as the class turned back around to look at her in silence. I couldn't help but loudly snort as I tried to contain my laughter that was waiting to explode at any moment.

I couldn't even look at her, causing me to lock eyes with Castiel who's face looked emotionless as usual.

My heart began to beat as meeting my gaze with his seemed to have made my laughter quickly fade away. I slumped further down on my seat at the sight of him, his deep blue eyes slicing the air at me, enough to make my chest feel shallow and my head to feel light.

"The color blue is often associated with sadness. Sometimes not." She shrugged as everyone's attention was on her except for Castiel who's eyes left mine to look back straight ahead. "It can make you feel happy, safe, tranquil even. I guess you could say it ranges so much because of how versatile every single color is, but blue isn't just blue. It's everything and nothing at the same time. Light blue reminds me of the sky sometimes and I fuck with that. Deep blue reminds me of the ocean as well. Vast, unpredictable, mysterious. To me personally there's nothing more terrifying." She ended.

Silence filled the room as Mr. Jules' chin was being tucked by a free hand, showing how focused he was at everything she just said. "A profound monologue Miss Lynne." Mr. Jules nodded, his face painted with genuine agreement. "Although quite accurate, please do still pay attention to the lecture, and this goes for everyone. I wouldn't want anyone being caught off guard with the upcoming test." He smirked, continuing to speak.

"You're a god." I mouthed out towards her as she playfully pat herself on the shoulder, her eyes looking at me with a smile that quickly faded as her attention quickly went passed me like a knife.