9. Apologies & Awkardness

I was barely awake, yawning as my hand ran through my hair in clear distress after realizing I had just prepared some cat food for Rigby.

"Stupid." I let out sharply to myself as I forgot I had to change up my routine. I always prepared food for Rigby before going to school.

"Good morning Shiloh." My mom yawned behind me with arms crossed, leaning against a wall by the kitchen.

"Good morning." I chirped, hastily washing the cat bowl I had just emptied out.

"I did the same exact thing yesterday." My mom awkwardly started as she probably thought I still felt angry at her, and honestly I kinda still did, but not as much anymore. My eyes glanced at the clock as I had to curse to myself, my mom continuing to speak behind me. "I just wanna say I'm sorry." Her voice rung broken as I closed my eyes shut with a sigh.

"Sorry for what?" I tried to deflect the incoming topic I knew she was going to mention as I didn't wanna start my school day off with an awful start.

I lightly pat the rinsed cat bowl to the side and laid it to dry, turning around to meet my mom's face. "I know how much Rigby meant to you." She pursed her lips as I couldn't even look at her or else it was just going to make me emotional. "What I did was wrong Shiloh. It was wrong for me not to even consider what you would have wanted for him and you're right."

"Mom-" She had already interrupted me as her eyes began to swell and tear up.

"I just didn't know you would even come up with that much money. If I did I wouldn't have made that choice, believe me." Tears began to stream down her face now as I clicked my mouth, rapidly enveloping her in a hug. "I care about you Shiloh and I never meant to hurt you like that, my baby." Her voice was muffled onto my shirt as my chin rested gently above her head.

"Mom, it's okay." My eyes shifted back at the clock. "I said things I didn't mean and I had no right. Now stop crying, it's too early."

"Okay." She sniffed, quickly gathering herself as she took notice of my angst and radiating stress to make it to school on time. "I hope you have a great day at school. I'll be cooking today!"

Her voice began to fade as I was already on the move. "Don't forget your meds and please take it easy, love you, bye!" And with that, I rushed passed the front door and sprinted out towards my local bus stop.

The run was extremely tiring but was endlessly fueled over the fact that I had overslept by a lot.

My eyes glanced at the rising sun and down on my phone as I cursed at the time. I've been nothing but an absolute mess this morning and it scares me. I have never been this late at the bus stop before and if I miss this bus I basically miss school.

I eventually reach the corner of the street, dashing to turn as I prayed the bus was still there. Upon arriving, my heart went absolutely haywire the second my eyes squinted into the distance. The sound of heavy weight and engines puffing off began to emit itself from afar. My face fell and quickly became distraught at the sight of my bus leaving, driving off with its passengers which didn't include me.

I felt like I was going to die as my breathing grew absolutely uncontrollable from the run. My sweaty face glistened as the sun continued to rise before me, illuminating such bright rays only for me to not feel any of its warmth. I felt myself ultimately become drowned in distress as my hands shakily reached out for my phone

I couldn't help but blast Tori's phone with text messages as I looked back up at the road in shock.

"How?? U never miss the bus."