20. Messes & Maid Oufits

I adjusted my uniform as I entered the suite. I didn't know what to expect this time as I held both of my hands together.

The atmosphere fell quiet as the curtains slightly shielded off the rays of sun light. My eyes fell on none other than Castiel, his hands drawing on a poster board as he sat by the kitchen island.

His hair was sheen as they sat gently over his eyes that had a gradient hue of purple bags. He seemed so focused on what he was doing.

"Good afternoon." I faintly spoke.

Castiel's hands glided a few more times on his poster board before responding. "Do you have to always wear that clunky uniform around?" He let out, his sharp almond eyes meeting up against mine.

Is this really the first thing he greets me with?

"Well it is my uniform. What else would I wear?" I curiously asked as he brought his attention back down to his poster.

"I don't know, something more comfortable." He responded, his face peeking just behind his dark hair. "What about a maid outfit?" His sterling white teeth adorably bit over his lips.

"A maid outfit? What does that even look like?" I awkwardly widened my eyes. Is he being sarcastic or?

"Uncomfortable probably, unless you're into wearing a short skirt with some bunny ears. I think you'd actually pull it off." Castiel smoothly cooed as he stopped working.

I remained quiet as I blinked at the words coming out of his mouth. "I would definitely not prefer that." I let out seriously.

"It's a joke Shiloh, relax. I'm suggesting you should just come to work with your normal clothes." He dryly shrugged as I felt my head rush with heat.

"I can't do that."

"Why not?" He asks.

"My manager would kill me." I shook my head.

"I thought we've already gone over this. Your manager works for me. He won't do shit to you." Castiel said in a monotone voice that sounded somewhat promising.

"Castiel." I blankly said his name out of nowhere, my abruptness catching all of his attention towards me.

"Hm?"

"Why did you leave our group?" I dropped all of my ego and my pride and just blurted it out. This was so out of nowhere and I probably sounded desperate but I just wanted to know why.

"Why does it matter?"

"Because it was so out of nowhere." I quickly responded.

"So what? I already did my part on your poster anyways. If your feelings got hurt because I left then my bad but that wasn't the intention at all."

"Then at least tell me why you left." My voice lowered. "At least tell me that."

"Look can you just-can you cook something?" He buried himself back against his chair, carelessly ignoring my question. "I'm hungry."

Castiel quietly yawned to himself, his thick hair falling back as he stretched. Every single shadow and definition meshed well with the vivid detail that defined his muscles and chiseled body.

"Yes sir." I caught myself from looking at him like a creep as I decided to make him some salmon and asparagus with some light creamy hollandaise.

The kitchen later began to become filled with sounds of me cooking and Castiel working on his poster for awhile. Coleus even dimmed up the lights at some point as the sun began to set.