50. Snow Angels & Sweet Endings

The thick wooden door widely creaked open as I stood behind Castiel with the tiny cat. "Come in." He says while kindly holding the door open for me.

The cabin had a palette of rich woodland colors. It's walls were rugged yet so cozy due to the emphasis made by family decor and portraits. The use of heavy, snug fabric was implemented quite beautifully on top of the vintage couches, complimenting the fireplace that included countless arrangements of design and unique ornaments.

"Don't kill me." Castiel cautiously starts before helping me settle my bags down.

"What?" I smiled passed my shivers as I let the kitten down on the warm couch.

"We need wood for the fireplace." He points as I quickly approached him to calm down his impending worry. "If we don't get a fire going you and the cat will freeze all night."

"Alright-"

"Fuck I should've known we were going to need wood, I don't know how I just let it slip my mind-"

"It's alright, everything's gonna be fine, okay?" I brought my hands against his cheeks and forehead, smoothening out the wrinkles on his face while meekly looking up at his great height. "What do we need to do?"

He sighs and closes his eyes shut. "I'm gonna have to go outside and get some wood." He reluctantly answers. "You can stay here."

"What, no." I rapidly disapproved. "I'm not gonna just let you go out there alone, I'm coming with you."

"You don't have to do that, just stay here where it's safe." Castiel takes his hand to comfortingly press behind my neck as he carefully looked into my eyes. "Be with our baby."

"He'll be fine." I quickly take his hand and grip onto it. "Now tell me how we're gonna collect wood."

He looked off into the distance for a moment as he knew I had him beat with my persistence. He adjusted his beanie further down onto his dark brows before finally speaking out once more "There's an axe in the shed."

We made our way back out into the snowy grandeur as the howling air had finally calmed down compared to much earlier when we arrived.

I followed right behind Castiel until I couldn't help but stand still all of a sudden, looking up towards the sky with an open mouth. I quietly giggled at the feeling of the tiny snowflakes landing and melting before my warm tongue.

"It won't stop snowing!" I excitedly cheered as I quickly rushed after Castiel the moment I saw him continue to walk further towards the shed. "I can't believe I'm actually here to see it now."

"I'm glad you're seeing it, baby." He kindly smiled as I wrapped my arm around his, gripping onto its toned definition with my warm woolen mittens. "Is it everything you imagined?" He asks, looking down at me.

"Hm, kinda." I pursed my lips as we finally reached the shed, helping him pave the door right open against the thick inches of snow. "It's much harder than I thought."

"It's because it's ice." Castiel quickly rummaged through a pile of tools before pulling out a thick lengthy axe. "Alright, follow me. Make sure to watch your step, I'd hate to see you get hurt."

We ventured out on a subtle decline to arrive to a field that was made out of a thick blanket of pearlescent snow. "Are those the mountains that you got a tattoo of?" I looked off into the distance as we stopped right in front of a pale dreary tree that was only taller than him by a few feet.

He followed my gaze and smiled at the two gorgeous mountains in the distance. "Yea."

I fought to urge to let my teeth begin to wildly chatter as I zipped my coat a lot higher against my face. I watched him send the first swing right against the tree, causing the axe to bury itself right against the wood and making it somewhat of a struggle for him to retrieve it.