1. Shifts & Sadness

"I am so over this life thing." My eyes drooped in absolute exhaustion.

My sore limbs and small structured frame began to sink deeply into my burgundy jacket.

I was indeed falling asleep at work and you know what, who am I to decline this inviting luxury.

As I began to feel myself succumb to the comforting darkness of sleep, the loud sound of a car door closing rapidly made my eyes widen back up.

"And I'm awake." I sharply whispered, regaining my awareness of everything around me as I licked over my dried lips.

My hands smoothened out the wrinkles of my uniform as I lightly coughed, getting ready to welcome a new guest.

"Good morning ma'am!" I quickly rushed to the woman who had her bluish emerald gaze up at the building. She was dressed in a satin green dress as her emerald necklace glinted brightly at the sun. She was just like the other incredibly rich people that go in-and-out of this place.

"Hello, good morning to you as well." Her voice was smooth as velvet as it complimented her angelic beauty further more. Her features were like a fairy as her almond hooded eyes looked deeply into mine.

I nodded. "Welcome to Cazakashi Resort & Spa, may I assist you with your belongings?" I warmly greeted with a smile, my tone trying to come out like pure honey.

"That would be so kind, thank you." She kindly grinned as she took off her elegant brimmed hat which exposed her long raven hair. "How haven't I seen you before, are you the new bell boy?"

"N-no ma'am, I work for valet!" Blood abruptly rushed up to my cheeks as I felt my arms almost break off from all the weight of her luggage. "This is my third week."

"Oh." Her ride began to drive off, prompting us to start walking towards the hotel. "Well I hope Lionel hasn't been giving you a hard time."

I nervously chuckled as she was referring to my absolutely ruthless manager. It's like she already knew I've been going through nothing but pure hell in the past few weeks thanks to the old man.

As we began to walk I couldn't help but observe her even more. Goddamn this woman was beautiful! Obviously I like boys and dick is life, but wow, she was like a movie actress come to life. Her chiseled jaw was pointed upwards in confidence as her security guard and I stood beside her looking absolutely below her league.

The clear doors slid open the second we passed the grand entry way filled with trimmed foliage and large mermaid statues, causing a huge array of welcoming gestures and cheers to greet us.

"Miss Cazakashi! Welcome, it's been so long." My eyes rapidly widened at what my manager just called her as his voice sounded endearing, ideally covering his perfectly rotten soul.

"Please Lionel, It's Mrs. Kuzanagi now." She waved him off as two women dressed in white approaches us to tend to her, her gloves matching her dress being slid off by their careful hands. "I got married remember." The second she mentions the marriage her bare hands become exposed, her ring radiantly glimmering before our eyes.

Lionel's face dropped in fear as he rapidly began to apologize to her. "Oh I apologize dearly Mrs. Kuzanagi, please forgive me, it's been so long since I've seen you." I proceeded to follow them as they talked amongst themselves.

My arms began to feel like jelly as a bed of sweat formed on my forehead. I tried my hardest not to drop her expensive looking bags as we entered the elevator.

Lionel stood beside me as I deeply inhaled and exhaled, my arms aching. "Can you not sweat like an overworked barn animal." He sharply whispered into my ear, his tone way different from a second ago.