11. Projects & Pats

Is my sleeping pattern steadily returning to shit? I haven't asked myself that until now.

I'm only suddenly curious about it because all throughout my sleepless nights, I couldn't help but wonder one thing.

Why did Castiel call me disgusting?

And why the hell is it bothering me this much!?

Hearing those words leave his mouth yesterday was the last thing I needed to hear and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ultimately bothered by it.

My attention immediately draws itself back from the lecture the second the door swings open, presenting the class to Castiel's late arrival.

"Oh good morning!" Mr. Jules chimes in only to be ignored. "So like I was saying-" He continues as Castiel sits himself down at his seat.

I couldn't explain what I was feeling at sight of him but I knew I felt it radiate all through my entire body. I eventually roll my eyes at the sight of Tori's empty seat. She started missing school days for work earlier this year, reason being is that she was set on making enough money to apparently disappear from her family. I didn't know if she was being serious.

I finally cut myself out from my heated thoughts and decided to listen to Mr. Jules. "Since we're tackling moods and how it shifts with color I'm actually supposed to give you guys a test this coming Thursday." His arms began to raise to defend himself from the incoming groans and annoyed sighs. "I know, I know, that's why I'm happy to tell you all that I'm not. I figured that instead of the test, I'll assign a group project instead."

Mr. Jules proceeded to explain the intricate project being assigned to us as I dreaded hearing it without Tori who I hoped would be in my group for obvious reasons. The project required a heavily informative and well designed poster board that goes in major depth and analysis about colors or whatever. Luckily enough, presenting it to the class wasn't mandatory.

"Alright class!" Mr. Jules gathered our attention once more. "I'll start assigning groups now."

I anxiously drew my breath back the second names start to get called, dreading the entire process the longer I waited for my name to be brought up.

"Next up, we have-oh yea." I gulped at the sight of Mr. Jules finally bringing his attention to me. "Shiloh and Tori you can be-" His face scrunched at Tori's empty seat for only a second.

"She's not here today." I awkwardly chime in with my hands raised.

"Oh, alright well, since Tori isn't here your partner can be Castiel!" My eyes and mouth unconsciously dropped at him. "You can make a trio with Tori so make sure to let her know."

Oh god why.

I felt like immediately clawing my eyes and hair out as I sunk down to my seat. I genuinely felt like going ballistic at this outcome. Out of everyone in this room I get paired with my boss!? I can't even imagine the things that would happen once you throw Tori into the mix!?

This is some bullshit.

I made a stern decision in refusing to move or get up to walk over to him as it was mostly due to my nerves freezing the longer I processed what just happened.

This is so incredibly awkward.

I know I'm supposed to be nice and practically cater to him just because he's my boss and I genuinely don't mind doing that when we're at work but at school it feels different. Different now especially after what happened with him calling me disgusting. I just wish I didn't have to establish and figure out two different dynamics for two different settings.