16. Playboys & Pancakes

I was able to completely sleep and wake up the next day with a smile, which hasn't happened in awhile. For a split moment I was even reluctant in believing it was actually happening. It was something uncommon and I felt like I was hallucinating.

I patiently sat by the bus stop, looking out into the distance as the sun began to rise. Yesterday was so conflicting for me, even much more so now that I've found out that I'm able to sleep better just by talking to Castiel.

Was I being selfish? Should I have never sent that confession to him?

My thoughts were eventually cut off by the sounds of a car window rolling down before me. "Greetings sir, a ride for Shiloh Hanson?" A man with a finely tailored suit and black shades deeply began to talk.

"For Shiloh Hanson?" I weakly began from the cold bench, further observing the situation as I was hesitant in getting up.

"Yes sir, I was ordered by Mr. Cazakashi to assist you in getting to school."

My eyes widened. "H-how did you find me?"

"I was instructed by Mr. Cazakashi to roam around the premises of your home as well as scout nearby bus stops for you, sir."

I stared at him aimlessly at his unnecessary efforts. "I-I'm sorry for the disturbance but I'm sure there has to be some kind of misunderstanding."

"You're name is Shiloh Hanson, correct?" The man asks impatiently. "The bell boy for the Valiant suite?"

"Y-yes sir." I nod.

"Then what's the misunderstanding?"

"Its just that although I'm extremely grateful for the gesture, I'd have to respectfully decline sir." The man's face remained expressionless. "Please tell Mr. Cazakashi that I'm so very sorry." I bit, sighing to myself.

My words caused a rippling silence between me and the man.

"You know, Castiel's never done this for anyone before." His tone shifts and grows casual. "I can't promise how he'll react, you have a good day young man." He stares at me for only a few more moments just before driving off.

Oh god.

What have I done.

He's gonna get angry isn't he? Just like his words from last night, he's probably gonna get so angry with me.

What can I do!? I don't wanna be a burden to him, that's so embarrassing! I don't wanna be a burden nor be used as a way for him to feel altruistic. If he sent that car out just because he felt bad for me after what happened that day with Lionel, then I don't want it.

I don't need anyone feeling bad for me.

I mean I know I'm not much but I'm enough to not need help from anyone.

Beds of sweat were collected on my forehead and body as I was too tense to even complain about my legs aching

Beds of sweat were collected on my forehead and body as I was too tense to even complain about my legs aching. I had just finished running from the bus stop and all the way to the diner. I was a mess as I hastily looked around the surprisingly empty place.