36. Promises & Possibilities

Castiel and I had just arrived to a large sleek silver building that reflected the bold illuminating neon lights that read Miyako.

Castiel had brought me to the heart of Halyciane, where the elite had dominated and thrived, celebrating their night life where the atmosphere felt exclusive and where shimmering lights danced on my skin in captivating hues. There was laughter and music as the clean pearly streets were wide and surrounded with unbridled commotion. The city life differed greatly from the unpolished suburbia and outskirts I grew accustomed to.

It was beautiful but too much for my personal liking.

I looked around to see just how deep we were into the flawless metallic city, where abstract diamond skyscrapers towered over finely dressed people walking along the clean, bustling streets. The metropolis overall was a sprawling hive of architectural advancements and technology, swarming with people that exemplified heightened fashion and incredibly high maintenance.

I smiled at Castiel kindly opening the car door for me. "Thank you." I hopped down from the car in awe as his personal driver drove away.

"Here, put this on." Castiel looked down at me with a tender glint in his eyes as he took off his bomber jacket to wrap it over me. "It's always cold in there." Castiel looked like a fallen angel, wearing the same clothes he had changed into earlier but much more in sync with our surroundings now.

"Thanks." I slid myself into the jacket as he took my hand to walk with him, our cheeks mutually burning up against the cold air. I unconsciously sniffed onto his jacket without trying, closing my eyes to his comfortably warm and familiar scent which made me smile like a weirdo since it was so freaking good.

I followed him towards the building that pulsed with distant conversations and muffled music. "Welcome, Mr. Cazakashi." A warm welcoming voice came from a woman with a sleeked tight pony tail and a formal dress that hugged onto her slender body.

"Please Roxanne, just call me Castiel." I glanced at her accurate name tag as his hand skimmed lightly behind my shoulder.

"If you insist, Castiel." She corrected as her eyes looked at me with a glimmer. "I have confirmed your dinner reservation and you and your guest will be assisted to your table soon."

I stayed quiet as I was clueless to everything that was going on. I didn't know where I was but all I knew was I had to stick next to Castiel.

"Welcome to Miyako, here are your masks!" After a few more moments of waiting, another woman eventually approaches us, handing us beautifully crafted masks that were shaped into animals. They were luxurious, embellished with a sea of tiny crystals that stood out with a shimmer, even in the dark. The animal masks didn't look outlandish because it genuinely looked like royal artifacts that covered everything but our lips. The animals lacked any expressive emotion as the captivating crystals really did most of the talking.

Castiel seemed to have caught onto my confused facial expression, making him speak out as he slid the black glimmering tiger mask on. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I asked softly.

"For all this unnecessary shit." Castiel continued. "This is a place for only registered members so you have to wear a mask so nothing is disclosed about you in the public, it's bullshit, I know." He quietly explained to me as I watched his sharp handsome features become covered in diamonds. "When your a so-called elite doing stuff for fun gets pretty limited." His voice died down as sleek dark strands of his hair peeked out and ruffled passed his ears to create a silhouette of a wild mane.

"It's okay, I understand. I like the masks anyway, I-I think they're cool." My voice muffled through my gold gazelle mask. "Is it okay if I'm not a registered member though? I don't wanna get you in trouble or anything."