40. Gaze & Guitars

I make my way out of the gym drenched in complete sweat. "Shiloh!" Alexis rushes up behind me with wiggling brows. "Sooo what did you think?"

I take a moment to catch my breath before turning towards her with an exhausted smile. "W-well it's definitely much harder than I expected."

She laughs to agree, placing a hand on her hip before responding. "Do you think it's for you?"

I take a moment to think pass my absolute exhaustion, tightening my grip around my duffel bag as I eventually look at her with a smile. "Yea I think so."

Her face rapidly gleamed with excitement as she met me for a hug that was accompanied with a tiny squeak. "Oh my god! Really?" She does another squeak. "So does that mean you're joining?"

"Yes?" I nervously laugh, making my answer sound as if I was trailing off. 

"Shut up!" Her eyes immediately gawk at me.

"What?" I momentarily looked behind me in confusion.

"Shut up!" She repeated as she began to flail her hands around her in excitement.

"I-I'm not talking-" I awkwardly avert my eyes to the side as she immediately continues.

"Trust me when I say that you're gonna absolutely love the male cheerleading uniforms! They're so comfy and so soft and above all it makes your butt look super good!" My eyes inexplicably widened at that last part. "Vanessa!?"

"Mhm?" Vanessa take her eyes off her mirror to glance at Alexis.

"Can you write down Shiloh's shirt as extra small and his pants size a medium?" She turns back to look at me once again. "I should be able to hand you your uniform in practice tomorrow so just be here right after school, okay?"

"Sure, w-what time does practice end again?"

"Same time as the football team." She winks right before rushing back to the others to clean up.

What's that wink supposed to mean..

I finally make my way out of the gym with rippling aches and exhaustion coursing all throughout my body. The spontaneity of the rigorous try out I just endured had exceeded all of my expectations. I thought cheerleading in Halyciane would only consist of simple arm extensions and kicks but it was way more complex than that.

"Shiloh?" Elio's voice quickly cuts me out of my thoughts.

I shake myself off from shock to greet him. "Hey Elio, what's up."

"Just got out of band." He curiously follows me towards my locker. "What are you still doing here at school?"

"I just got out of cheerleading try outs." I wipe over my face with a sigh.

"Cheerleading?" His brows point upward at that.

"Yea." I shyly bring my head down at his expression. "It's weird I know."

"That's not weird, I just would've never thought." He responds as he watches me grab stuff from my locker.

"Thought what?" I ask with a glance.

He aimlessly shrugs. "That you're just so cool like that." He clearly teases as I watched his deep hazel eyes flicker from my head and down to my toes.

I awkwardly laugh to the side. "I mean not as cool as you." I nod my head to gesture at the guitar case in his hand. "I get skin tight uniform with the school's name on it while you get a whole freaking guitar."

"Oh this?" He slightly lifts it up right before looking back at me. "They didn't give me this, it's my dads."

"Oh cool."