39. Practice & Pizza

Weeks go by and Tori barely acknowledges my existence both at work and in school.

I could feel myself slowly beginning to lose it as the worse part in all of this was that all this space between us didn't even seem to bother her. My calls and texts and countless attempts in trying to speak to her all went astray. The process of having to readjust my life in which we weren't friends anymore began to dawn on me and it was heartbreaking.

My thoughts gets cut off by a figure entering the corner of my eyes. It was Alexis dressed normally out of her cheerleading uniform, well at least normal for her as she wore a white crop top with a skirt that could be worn as a belt, creating an interesting contrast with her tiny shoulder bag and shades.

Oh god.

This is it!

She's probably come here to confront me about what happened at the suite with Castiel and Luka. "Hey Shiloh!" She let outs, cheerfully.

Oh.

I clear my throat to return her warm greeting. "H-hey, how are you?"

"Pretty good, how about yourself?" She casually sits herself right next to me as we bring our attention forward to stare at the boys practicing on the field.

"I've been better, honestly."

"What's the matter?" She flips her golden hair back as her glossy lips pout at my response.

"Tori and I are kinda not talking right now." I clench my jaw to the side.

Her facial expressions becomes buried in worry. "Oh no I'm sorry. Was it over something bad?"

"Yea." I let out an exhausted sigh as I felt genuinely conflicted.

"Would you mind if I ask what happened?" She studies my face closely.

So I take it that she doesn't know...

Should I tell her?

No, that won't be right.

That would just make everything worse!

"Just-you know, personal family stuff." Im thankfully able to mutter out regardless of stutters and all.

"Aw okay, I get it." Alexis's voice sounded like a melancholic cloud, dreamy to the point that it was subtly mesmerizing. "Well I'm sure you two will sort things out in the future, I hope. I mean that's what best friends are for, right?"

"I don't know, Tori and I have never had a fight this big before and I miss her very much." I tried my best to hold back any incoming tears as I eventually turn to fully face her. "How about you? How are things with Luka?"

"We're doing alright." She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear to hide it from the breeze.

"You still thinking about-" She looks me with an unreadable expression. "You know, breaking up with him?" I awkwardly finish.

"Honestly, I've had some time to think over it and I figured it wouldn't be right to just break up with him without having a reason to you know?" My hearts falls at her response. "I mean it would kinda be messed up, right?"

"R-right." I emptily blink, trying my best to suppress my emotions at the thought of her ever finding out about what happened that day.

The last thing I wanna ever do is put her relationship with Luka at risk.

"I don't know if this has anything to do with anything but he randomly brought up our future not too long ago. He's never done that before. He talked about everything I thought I was never gonna have with him. Kids, marriage, a house. It was all so random but I just felt-I don't know it made me feel hopeful, in a way." I couldn't help but warmly smile at seeing her so optimistic. "It just made me feel so bad for even thinking about breaking up with him. I made him sound like such an awful person when he really isn't. He's just been really busy with working hard and focusing on his future while also trying to figure himself out. I mean aren't we all doing trying to do that? Who am I to break up with him just because of that?" She states as we look off into field.