42. Therapy & Thrones

Cheerleading practice ends and I reach towards my locker to exchange the weight of my cheerleading uniform with the weight of my stuff to go home.

Upon walking towards the exit, I finally get the chance to cool myself off from heated sweat and eventually become buried in my own thoughts.

It has been quite some time since the explosive fight happened between Castiel and I. Although I remember us clearly making up the same day, I figured the only explanation for our current distance away from each other was the upcoming football game which is going to be Maybella versus Halyciane.

Despite still having to work on my threshold for physical activity, if it weren't for cheerleading I would have probably already lost my mind at the fact that I haven't been able to have any contact with him besides texting or phone calls. Obviously it's because we have a lot on our plates but it's Castiel. It could be a cruel exaggeration that I may have grown to be overly dependent on his affection and utmost care for me but maybe I have.

"Hey." A voice appears beside me as I turn to see Elio staring at me with his usually kind gentle smile.

"Oh hey, Elio." I couldn't help but sound nervous as talking to him around school premises knowing that Castiel may see us at anytime worried me. It also felt incredibly awkward that it seemed as if whenever we'd talk, Tori would only throw me a look of pure hatred. I figured keeping my distance away from Elio would not only make Tori happy, but keep Elio from being around a problem magnet like me.

"I've been meaning to talk to you for a while but ever since our work schedule changed I only ever seem to see you at English class and we hardly even talk there." He explains as I felt almost guilty at seeing him so happy to see me. "How've you been?"

"I-I've been good." I answer dryly as I kept a steady pace towards the exit.

"Cool." He says right before cautiously continuing. "So-uh, I was wondering if you wanted to maybe go and grab something to eat?" He smiles, bringing his hand right behind his neck with a light scratch. "I haven't eaten all day and I'm starving."

"I'd love to but I-I think it's best if I don't." My response didn't fail to send tension all throughout my body.

"Oh, alright then. I understand." He obviously caught onto my cold tone, causing him to slightly twitch his mouth upwards like a hurt puppy. "Can I at least ask why?" His tone audibly sounds much lower now.

"It's just-" We eventually stop walking to stand by the exit of the school to look into each other's sullen eyes. "It's just that I don't think Tori likes seeing us talk to each other and I-I really would hate to jeopardize your friendship with her."

"What? Tori doesn't mind, she knows you and I are friends." Elio blinks for a few moments in discord.

"No you don't understand, Elio. I know her. She's never gonna say it bothers her but I know it does."

"So what about us? You and I are friends, right?" He shrugs looking deeply into my eyes. "What about jeopardizing that?"

I looked off into the distance in silence as watching Elio's face progressively get more confused and worried honestly got to me. "I know I'm sorry. It's just that don't know what to do." My voice cracks as he slowly envelops me in a hug. "I just want my best friend back."

He breaks away to look right into my eyes. "I know all this space apart might feel awful but if it makes you feel better I'll can tell you a secret."

"What is it?"

"She told me not to tell you but she talked about kinda missing you to." He anxiously says through his teeth.

My face slowly lit up at that thought as I felt a massive weight come off my shoulders. "Really?"